Usb

browserjoe

In Runtime
im trying to sell my laptop and it only has 2 usb plugs. is there anything i can buy that will turn 1 usb plug into two?

A USB hub. Or, you can purchase a PCMICA USB card, and add two or four more. Two USB ports is enough- I don't see that it would affect the value that much when you sell it. No since in spending money on it, when you're going to sell it anyway.

pctechmike said:
A USB hub. Or, you can purchase a PCMICA USB card, and add two or four more. Two USB ports is enough- I don't see that it would affect the value that much when you sell it. No since in spending money on it, when you're going to sell it anyway.

well i have a usb mouse, a printer, an ipod, and a floppy drive all running on usb. and when i switch divices, i always have to unplug/plug the usb's

BTW im selling it to my grandfather, who dosent have much computer skills. if i was selling it to one of you, it wouldnt be nessesary.

I think the USB hub that pctechmike pointed out is what you really need since you have quite a few USB devices. Here's a USB splitter that can be plugged into one USB port and turns into 2 available USB connection. It's more of an extender than anything else, but it seems to do what you want it to do.

USB Splitter Extension Cable 10ft
http://shop.imatechco.com/product_i...=1618&osCsid=c3ceb06ebc1d45b37b7b13ad901ad1bc

At any Best Buy they sell splitters, I got a nice 1 to 4 pocket splitter from there for $10 after rebates...so I would just go to an electronics stor for something like that, but for your purposes you may need a powered one that plugs into a wall outlet as well as the laptop so you can charge things from it such as an ipod.

Back
Top Bottom