Your Country

hascet said:
I'm not mad or anything, and I don't know if you live in the US or not, but for people with attitudes like that who do live in the US they are the cause for the problems, thats why soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who come back have psychological problems, because some americans don't support them. And we don't think were better than everyone else we have allies.
I'm not american...

I never said americans were better than anyone else...
broswerjoe said that...

as I said, I wasn't trying to start a fight, it's just that over patriotic I'm better than you are just cause I live here is complete crap.

I'm not going to say I'm any better than anyone else simply because I live in Britain, nor anyone else is worse, or worth less than me just cause they don't...
and I don't see why any american should either...

I support troops in as far as I don't want them to be killed, I have some friends who are in the army... one who will be going to Basra just before christmas, I don't want him to die, I've known him snice I was a young kid, (primary school age).
but it's not like I'll be sending him packages of food or new boots either.

I'm not quite sure that I understand your idea of suporting the troups?
do you mean morally with support like go get em, and parads in their honour and stuff, or physically supporting them by sendnig them stuff?

as far as I was aware most mental problems, come from the lack of experiance, *most* soldiers from countries have seen warfare before, and are reasonably old, but (as far as I'm aware) a lot of the US army are noobs to armed combat and quite young, and there is nothing quite like standing in rivers of blood to really send you on a bit of a head f***, especialyl when all told you should really still be in school.

haha how did i know that the main discussion if this thread was gonna be america lol. i have an idea, we should just stop with the nationalism and just ignore when someone comes on here being a nationalist

Ð88 said:
Canada

Pros:
beautiful landscapes (aside from central Canada)
freedom
the world actually likes us
we are on top of the U.S
wealthy
good health care
pension plans
awesome beer
great winters and equally great summers
very little racism
peacekeepers
cheaper education than most countries

Cons:
Quebec won't stop being gay by wanting to break away from Canada
Most of our industries are American owned
lack of a decent military
exchange rate isn't great
things are more expensive
Canadian movies are terrible and not many good music artists come from Canada
not really taken too seriously on a global scale
You've left out one monumentally important attribute, Stargate & most of it's accompanyiing family of TV programmes are made there!
ninja.gif

The reason taxes are so high for you guys is for public health care, good education (I'm assuming), etc. Nothing's free. If you want a good education here in America you usually have to go to a private school. Granted, there are good public schools out there, but they tend to be in rich neighborhoods. Just a thought.

D-Lew said:
The reason taxes are so high for you guys is for public health care, good education (I'm assuming), etc. Nothing's free. If you want a good education here in America you usually have to go to a private school. Granted, there are good public schools out there, but they tend to be in rich neighborhoods. Just a thought.

My public school beats out the priviate schools education wise :)

Nik00117 said:
List the bounses of the country your currently living in and cons.

Bonuses living here in Southern California (I'll let you guys guess what city I reside in :p):

1. Theme Parks
2. Hollywood
3. Beaches
4. Warm weather throughout the year
5. Tons of restaurants
6. Close to TJ
7. Diversity
8. USC (I'm sad they lost to UCLA--plus I lost $20 in a bet)
9. Nice cars

Cons:

1. Govnernor
2. President
3. Hollywood
4. High sales tax
5. Gang violence (certain areas--but it's been better since past years)
6. Housing cost and rent is super duper high

I live about 45-55 minutes away from LA. But for privacy purposes I cannot reveal my actual location, otherwise I would have too many adoring CF fans track me down to get my autograph.

^Same.

I for one love having the original theme parks around me. Take a look at Universal and Disney, both started their theme parks in California.

Back
Top Bottom