Custom or Pre-built?

hascet

Fully Optimized
For Christmas I really don't know what to get, but I want to play bf2 and other video games that I can't play now because of my current desktop, its not powerful enough. So heres my options, buy a pre-built pc and upgrade it with new video card, powersupply, memory, whatever it needs, or build a computer from scratch. I have a $750 budget.

Build from scratch dude. You'll get a much better computer that way.

I found this machine seems nice but i've always wanted atleast an E6400, and a 6600 would be a dream
Gateway

ewww gateway. but anyways do the custom built. you'll have more fun and like it was said before, you'll end up with a better computer.

Thanks for the build, but I had this in mind

Case

Powersupply

Memory

Motherboard

Processor

Mobo has built in graphics for the time being until maybe my b-day when I can upgrade to a 7600GT probably...and I have a DVD/CD-R, hard drives, and software so i'm good in that department what do you think?

Total w/tax&shipping= $705.69

that good, but i would HIGHLY reccommend going the extra 30 to get a gigabit GA (link above in my above post). that intel mobo didnt get good ratings. if this is your first time building a new computer, i should point out that the motherboard is the most important component of your computer. DO NOT skimp on the mobo

edit: 600 watts is WAY more than you need. Here is a 580W high end brand for 40 bucks off:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128001

I changed my mind on the motherboard and this new one only supports ddr2 667, so I changed that too

Motherboard

Memory

And now the total is $680.98 w/tax&shipping :)

EDIT-->Didn't see your post before, the gigabit mobo doesn't support SLi which I might consider later on down the road...so what do you think about the new mobo I picked out? And also, I have heard that Hiper is a good PSU manufacturer but its blue, and I might be betting that same Lian-Li only with a window, since my build is getting cheaper, so I would like a black one, I'll do more searching for a lower wattage black PSU...

but this new mobo doesnt have built in video, so you also have to purchase a video card.

Back
Top Bottom