Your Country

I'd like to read someone's post about England, that's one of the places on my list to go see on vacation soon.

I live in the US, specifically Buffalo, NY.

Pros:
- I like the weather (snowboarding in the winter, but it's hot in the summer)
- Barely any crime in the suburbs where I live (Amherst is one of the safest towns in the U.S.)
- Very culturally diverse + tolerant, about 50% Indians, Chinese, and Koreans and 50% Caucasians.
- Most people are very computer literate because of the Asian influence.

Cons:
- Can get very cold in the winter
- Buffalo's economy is dying, so many people are moving away
- High taxes (It's 8-point-something % sales tax now)
- Not a very good government

The people here are mostly nice, but there's more and more drugs here in the suburbs because the kids have so much money.

Nik00117 said:
Yea AL is like 48, and GA is like 49 :) I don't know who is 50 in education.

I came to a military school and it was a much bigger learning experience.

AZ is 50 for funding which shows if you go to school here... luckily I'm in a good district here but a lot of them are really bad.

root said:
Not that I'm trying to start a fight here...

but prey tell... what country has america pwned lately,
afganistan? iraq? vietnam? somalia?

Um... none of those, and most of those (second/third world) countries have pretty much zero military strength what-so-ever...

who's army = pathetic? anyones 'cept americas?

if you're so much better than anyone else, so much better trained, experianced etc...

why was/is america fighting so hard to try to get countries to join up with is colilition then if you reckon that you're so much better than anyone else suerly you could have done it on your own?

why is it, american soldiers shoot more of their own (as in own side) compared to anyone else,

why do more american soldiers come back from war with psyciological problems more than any other nation?

why is it that the might of the american army needs to stop technological development of other countries that might see the emergence of new super powers?

these questions are all pretty much rhetorical by the way... I can see that browserjoe is too blinded by all this patriotical bull that gets in the way of a lot (not all) of americans trains of thought these days...

never mind... (unfortunatly growning up dowsn't help as many adults, in fact more adults suffer the same condition).
I'm not mad or anything, and I don't know if you live in the US or not, but for people with attitudes like that who do live in the US they are the cause for the problems, thats why soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who come back have psychological problems, because some americans don't support them. And we don't think were better than everyone else we have allies.

I'm not mad or anything, and I don't know if you live in the US or not, but for people with attitudes like that who do live in the US they are the cause for the problems, thats why soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who come back have psychological problems, because some Americans don't support them. And we don't think were better than everyone else we have allies.

I wouldn't say that. I see guys come back from Iraq all the time generally 9/10 are perfectly fine. Even the ones in the infantry. Its not the 99 that came back fine you hear about, its the 1 that didn't.

I feel however the biggest cause for that is the standard at which the Army recruits its soldiers. They aren't very picky. The Air force is, extremely picky.

Americans do support their troops, the troops in the combat zones get what they need and much more. They get a lot of stuff, I helped knew a solider that said they got so many care packages where they were at, it was crazy. They'd get things ranging from maginzes to entire laptops.Soldiers are well cared for and the American people do support them. Its the standards at which the Army Recuirts its men that cause the problems.

And before you look at where I live and go off on me because you say I live in Germany and don't know wtf I'm talking about my dads 23 years AF enlisted and i've been in the military life style for over 17 years now I've seen the military more up close and personal then most Americans back in the states.

(Just added the last part in because people have gone off on me when I speak about America, since they think I don't know what its like.)

root said:
if you're so much better than anyone else, so much better trained, experianced etc...

why was/is america fighting so hard to try to get countries to join up with is colilition then if you reckon that you're so much better than anyone else suerly you could have done it on your own?

why is it that the might of the american army needs to stop technological development of other countries that might see the emergence of new super powers?
well the answer to that is mainly that our president in mentally retarded

Yup, biggest reason why.

Europeans understand this much, most Americans like this war just as much you do.

DJ-CHRIS said:
You shouldnt whine about taxes, we get taxed 14% sales tax in Ontario!

The whole UK gets 17.5%... it's called VAT (Value Added Tax).

Stop whining about 14%, we get fleeced for everything here, lucky anyone in the UK actually has any money at all.

UK31337 said:
The whole UK gets 17.5%... it's called VAT (Value Added Tax).

Stop whining about 14%, we get fleeced for everything here, lucky anyone in the UK actually has any money at all.
lol, and that my friends is why we had a revolution

Back
Top Bottom