External Hard Drive??

Jat said:
I just read the reviews of that HD and it seems to be a good product. Im sure 250gb is plenty big enough, looks like a good investment.
ok thx a lot for the help

^Mike^ said:
He doesn't want to use CD's/DVD's because after about 3 years or so the foil that you burn with your drive will start to disinigrate and will cause some loss in the quality of the pictures on the disk. Or so he says, i'm still looking to see if this is true or not. Thanks everyone so far for the information.

although this has some truth to it, it really depends on the name brand you go with. i have always used memorex cd's and dvd's +r type for storing data. and if you keep them in a storage binder such as one of those binders that hold around 200 cd's. and i would not recommend the cheap cd's and dvd's.

most cd-r's are marked down for a reason, after awhile it's true that they start peeling from the top, making holes in the data, that's why i go with name brands i trust to be good.

tis true...

I nearly cried when I lost a load of program backups and stuff that I'd 'archieved' onto a cd that later suffered from the dreaded DVD rot...

I'm reasonably assured that if you buy quality, (mistake one was not buying quality).
and if you store them right, (upright cool dark place), (not laying flat in a window ledge or using it as a coaster etc...

they will last for a long time...

Just bought a Iomega 320GB external HD for $100 (after $40 instant rebate and $40 send in rebate)...........yea rebates suck but hey bottom line I got it for a great price.
What a steal!
This is the "silver series".........so it also looks cool! :D

det_33213g_c643.jpg

Watch the ads as they have sales and rebates all the time, especially now during Christmas.

Brian_Fenner said:
Just bought a Iomega 320GB external HD for $100 (after $40 instant rebate and $40 send in rebate)...........yea rebates suck but hey bottom line I got it for a great price.
What a steal!
This is the "silver series".........so it also looks cool! :D

det_33213g_c643.jpg

Watch the ads as they have sales and rebates all the time, especially now during Christmas.
where did you get it?

i once had a zip drive (still do actually) zip100 with paralell, hehe, once i installed windows 95 on my crap laptop with a Zip drive (i used the floppy version of windows 95 and put all the .cab's on it), it took ages, because it kept shutting off my parallel drive everytime i rebooted!
Hehe

Back
Top Bottom