Im using Norton but?

Jat

Baseband Member
Im currently using Norton Antivirus software etc....

I know this isnt the best software out there but I was just wondering what is? All help and info appreciated.

Nod32 and F-secure, from what i have heard are really good, although i have also heard that Blackice is good too. i prefer a store bought version, but everyone will have their own opinion.

~mr mixx~ said:
Nod32 and F-secure, from what i have heard are really good, although i have also heard that Blackice is good too. i prefer a store bought version, but everyone will have their own opinion.

Yeah, ill check those out, just wondering if Norton is good enough to protect and take care of my baby heh. Or if there is something ALOT better out there.

Jat said:
Yeah, ill check those out, just wondering if Norton is good enough to protect and take care of my baby heh. Or if there is something ALOT better out there.
Norton will do fine, but it is a little bit of a system resource hog. I had the trial version that came with my computer and I liked Norton a lot. It'll get the job done.

Yeah, I was trying to find out if there is software out there which is just as good but isnt such a ..'hog.

NOD32 is the best if you want a paid antivirus product. as for F-Secure, never tried it but I've heard good reviews on it for the most part so I'll have to try it sometime.

AVG free edition is what I use and it's really good and the resource usage is very low. Avira is also a pretty good product that's free too, except for the pop up dialog that comes up asking you to upgrade to the premium version. Avast is an alright free version, the realtime monitor is good but the interface isn't exactly easy to use.

ahhh anything but norton!! free anti vi is alright, in my opinion better than norton :p

Back
Top Bottom