What is all this?

HolyHaretto

Baseband Member
Ok, I really think something has to be off with me comp, i mean i have less things on this one with 2gigs then my last comp with 1g, and already i have this,
memoryni9.jpg

I have less programs on this then my last one yet i have almsot half my memory sucked up? After defragging, CCleaner, spysweep, anti-virus scan and re start it doesn't help.

This is after turning off a few things, with msconfig everything turned on in services but only 3 things turned on in startup.
stufffv0.jpg

I have a trillion processes running, and even when i turn everything off with msconfig, i still have 21. Some are XP things, but like with my memory issue, i think i have allot of stuff i dont need, or shouldnt be there.

Did you add up all the Norton stuff? Norton is a resource hog.

Ditch it for something less memory intensive.

You have a few apps open there that don't necessarily need to run in real time

Yea but I had this same nortan on my last computer which has only 1gig and for some reason i have half my 2gigs taken up and 42 processes running with everything on compaired to 32 max on my last comp which had everything on.

What does SpySweeperUI does in there? Ok, scan with Spybot Search and Destroy for spywares and viruses.

I dontknow, thats just soemthing that shows up when i turn everything on in msconfig, because if i turn everything off there is allot of things that dont work.

I just want to know really why half my memory is gone when i have really not that much on my computer..

Oh and can you tell me on the list what things i dont need and i can turn off?

Turn off CCApp.exe (norton), SpsweeperUI.exe (spysweeper), LUCOMS~1.exe (norton), NPROTECT.exe (norton), ssu.exe (spysweeper), Spysweeper.exe (spysweeper).

Those are all the processes from anti-virus programs. They are also HUGE memory hogs, get rid of them. And if you aren't using MSN Messenger get rid of msnmsgr.exe and msmsgs.exe

I'm usually in the high 30s, 38 at the moment, with 2 Firefoxes open, defragging my spare drive etc.

I haven't found any program that can help, but I found a website (name forgotten!) that would tell you what each process was. Try googling running processes and you should find it. Make sure you spell them correctly, as some viruses masquarade as system processes.

Back
Top Bottom