pc not shutting down!

erock

Baseband Member
hi i have this problem with my pc, when i try to shut it down or restart it everything runs fine but it gets frozen at the point where it says saving your settings. anyone know whats wrong or what i can do to fix this, i thought it might be actually saving my settings but i left it there for 20 minutes and i came back to it with the same screen still, this started recently and i dont think i did anything out of the ordinary to make it happen, last thing i did was replace my cd drives, that was about two weeks ago. any help is greatly appriciated.

Try putting back the original drive, and see if it still happens. If replacing the old drive solves it, you probably need to reinstall the drivers for the new drive.

Also, do a virus scan. It's possible that something may be preventing your PC from shutting down.

could it possibly be the fact that i didnt install any drivers for the new cd drive? becuase i just got the cd drive when i ordered it with no instalation cd.

i bought it from newegg, could you tell me where to find the drivers please?

If you go into device manager - right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager - you should see a yellow question mark next to the cd/dvd drive, if that is the problem. If you bring it up, it should give you the option to search for drivers from there.

Back
Top Bottom