Vista or XP?

Zanarias

Solid State Member
Sorry if i missed an older post about this...but what will you go with? If you could afford it, would you get it or not?

Vista wont be worth having for a good while.. very slow and buggy for about half a year... gotta wait for MS to iron out the bugs.

ive tried vista final for a while, cause i have about 10 hardrives and i was bored one night, its ok, cool features, but i really enjoy the simple and easy-quick browsing of xp, vista is also unesarilly "flashy" sure a cool skin would be nice but idk about the one they have, but it is pretty cool. It is a little harder to get used to and definately slower browsing because of its more "userfriendly" interface, which is basically for most people who dont know what there doing, but it makes everything annoying as hell.

I voted Vista because the Aero Glass looks awesome and it has tons of potential. I'll be using XP for another year or two though. Gotta wait for all the problems that Vista will have to be stamped out.

i like skins but they get old quick, most of the people i know who use xp use classic view, and im sure there will be alot of ppl using it in vista too, and also the system requirement is too high for most computer, not mine of course, it gave me a 5.9 perfmormance rating.
but in 2 years times they will be popping out what will seem like good computer now for cheap price.

i voted vista.. mainly because i've been waiting for this os forever, and i really like the new look. i built my computer a year ago making sure that i could handle vista too :D. it might not be very attractive to many people due to it's hefty price tag, but i think once all the bugs with drivers and dx10 are worked out, it'll far surpass xp in everything... excluding affordability of course.

If Vista's BETA is anything to go buy i will be sticking with XP for quite a while, i mean the Aero looks great, but i think....XP has just the stuff you need and want, with a bit more, Vista has the stuff you want and need, as well as all this other crap that is just not needed, thats why software downloads are out there for people, if i want a, for example, music editing program, ill go buy one, not pay a fortune to have my OS as well as all this other crap....just my 2 cents

Matt

Back
Top Bottom