I don't have a dial up modem

darkserpant

In Runtime
I had my computer built and I didn't have them put in a dial up modem cause I never thought I would go back to it. Well for financial reasons I am now going to go back to dial up. Can I go buy a external dial up modem plug it into my usb port and is that all I need? Thanks

darkserpant said:
I had my computer built and I didn't have them put in a dial up modem cause I never thought I would go back to it. Well for financial reasons I am now going to go back to dial up. Can I go buy a external dial up modem plug it into my usb port and is that all I need? Thanks

External dial up modems usually plug into the serial ports and not the USB ports. And yes buy one and thats all you need.

Please note a serial modem is more expensive than a pci winmodem.

Just buy the pci modem. It just inserts into an open pci slot inside your computer.

You do get what you pay for, a 6$ modem is crap. If you are serious about your connection serial is the way to go.

what you could do to is go on ebay and look for people selling there dial up modems that came on the pre-built computers but are now looking to free up some PCI slots lol

im thinking about it since I dont think Ill ever go back to dial up since im in school and I get Broadband from there....

When I built my pc I didn't even think of putting a modem in it.....lol

I knew I was never going back to dialup.

borat_sagdiyev said:
i can send u a modem that came wit my computer. i dont need it

yeah or let me know...

i can do it too...I honestly have no idea what kind it is but Its a 56k PCI...no other data besides that lol

Back
Top Bottom