if you e-mail a teacher your homework...

root said:
actually...

it's best to hand it in early...

then, when you realise that you've done something wrong you can hand in corrections later...

Thats what I did at uni when I completly ignored scaling at the start of a graph I drew, and cam to a comclusion that the results were exponential rather than linear...

a couple of days later I handed in a rather rushed addendum that explain that I'd basically had a brain fart, and this is what the results and conclusions were meant to be, (when they were interperated properly!)... and that dragged my mark up from some 30% to around 80%.

I felt like I was the mutts nuts for handing it in early as well... thining that I could get on with other work, only to have to pretty much re-do everything except for the introduction and such...

or then you just don't screw up the 1st time so there is no need to make corrections :p

When I was in highschool, we had teachers who expected you to hand in your homework right when class starts. And if you didn't have it to the teacher by the time class was over, it was late and a lot of times they didn't even give you credit for it if it was late.

There was none of this handing in your homework at the end of the school day or whatever. It had to be in by the end of the class.

depends on the teacher , for IT we have this system called moodle where you have an upload date and time and if its not updated by then your late http://moodle.org/ yet my english teacher will not accept us emailing it unless he has told us to do it on computer which is rare,My geography teacher will let me print it off my flash disk or if you are off when homework is due it is usually acceptable to email it in

Tommy Boy said:
When I was in highschool, we had teachers who expected you to hand in your homework right when class starts. And if you didn't have it to the teacher by the time class was over, it was late and a lot of times they didn't even give you credit for it if it was late.

There was none of this handing in your homework at the end of the school day or whatever. It had to be in by the end of the class.
Yeah, thats what we have to do... I don't know why I said 3 before, lol... its before 3 for projects, and by the end of each class for regular homework.

Google Guru said:
Yeah, thats what we have to do... I don't know why I said 3 before, lol... its before 3 for projects, and by the end of each class for regular homework.
some teachers at my school are like that , mostly cos they dont know how to use email or cannot be bothered printing it

muz379 said:
some teachers at my school are like that , mostly cos they dont know how to use email or cannot be bothered printing it
95% of the teachers in my school don't even know how to use a computer; besides the technology teachers of course. They need help putting a DVD in the DVD player, and turning it on and changing the TV to AUX mode and stuff. :eek:

Google Guru said:
95% of the teachers in my school don't even know how to use a computer; besides the technology teachers of course. They need help putting a DVD in the DVD player, and turning it on and changing the TV to AUX mode and stuff. :eek:
hey my IT teacher dosent even know about tabs in firefox so we get away with soo much cos when he comes over we just change to a work related tab

i always prefer to hand in a hardcopy so my teacher(s) can leave comments in areas where i f*ck up on

Back
Top Bottom