Motherboard Does Not Fit Case

Yeah, and shortcircuiting is not a good thing, since it has a chance that the power would go into the case, and not where its meant to.

I hope you get the build done successfully, and that you'll have it up and running soon :)

but the case, the antec, already had little silver ones of those, i wouldnt be mounting directly to the mobo-case wall, im mounting up off the floor/wall of the case.

um.. i didnt put those brass gold thingies in mine, jsut the other screws, which screwed in fine, and ive been using this computer fine for about 3 months now.

Okay....the gold things that are in the first picture that borat posted are motherboard standoffs, and they screw to the case then you mount the motherboard on top of them. You have to use them, if your case came with them, thats fine, use those ones.

How they work is they screw into the holes in the case. Then you put the motherboard on top of them, lining up the holes and you use the motherboard screws to screw the motherboard down to the standoffs.

Back
Top Bottom