I've always wondered....

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
why is it that on commercials of electronic items it always says "screen image simulated"? why cant they show the real screen?

because cameras for tv record at lower frame rates than whatever they're recording, usually monitors, so there usually appears big bars moving down the monitor because it's catching only some of the vertical refreshes of the monitor, and looks bad.

Yup. Haven't you ever watched the news on TV and when they show someone with a computer monitor or TV on behind them and you see bars moving down? That's why. You can hardly see the intended stuff and it looks detracting. That's why they put in simulated images instead.

good example is the news. when you watch the news and they have a story about computers or something they always have the huge bars running through the monitors...that and because electronic commercials are nazis.

damn you alvino, same though different post time lol

btw congratz on double bars john :)

if you want to check for yourself, just take a digital camera and watch your pc screen through it.

alvino said:
Yup. Haven't you ever watched the news on TV and when they show someone with a computer monitor or TV on behind them and you see bars moving down? That's why. You can hardly see the intended stuff and it looks detracting. That's why they put in simulated images instead.
Rep point, Alvino. I always wondered about that. :)

borat_sagdiyev said:
why is it that on commercials of electronic items it always says "screen image simulated"? why cant they show the real screen?
They would have to sync the refresh rate of the screen and the camera or it would flicker. Plus its an excuse to show a much sharper image than in real life :)

lol...I couldn't imagine a pc commercial with the huge bars running down the screen....yeah that would make me want to buy the pc....lol

Back
Top Bottom