Motherboard Does Not Fit Case

boyinshirt

Solid State Member
First off, I'd just like to say hello to everybody, and thanks in advance to any replies. i'm stuck right now.

So i'm building my first computer, and I'm super stoked because everything finally came. I go to mount the motherboard in the case, and it doesn't fit in the back. Where the Mouse / Keyboard slots are supposed to be, they do not fit. If i slide one slot down, they fit into that hole as do all the other corresponding parts of the motherboard such as the monitor plug in, printer plug-in, etc.

see, now everything would be fine and dandy because everything finally fits, however my rear USB ports as well as the onboard LAN ports do not fit on the bottom of the motherboard.

I have This Motherboard and I bought this case

I need help :(

the motherboard should have come with a little backplate specifically for that motherboard that you replace on that case.

yes it worked, but now as for mounting it. no screws came with my motherboard, so I'm going to assume the bag of screws that came with the case are what's for mounting it.

there are two that fit in the screwholes. there are ones that have a phillips head and are silver, and there are gold ones, that look like i need a mini ratchet set to put in (that i could probably turn with my fingers).

?

i'm sorry i have so many questions, like i said, it's my first build

well there should be some washers or something and these longer gold thingies to be put in between the mounting brackets and the motherboard. the motherboard screws look like this.

this goes between motherboard and bracket
PCassembly4974.JPG

these are the screws u screw the mobo in with
istockphoto_1109892_computer_screws_and_jupper_switches.jpg

I'm building too, do you HAVE to put the brass mounting pins IN? My mobo, an asus, only came with screws and the manual said to use all 6 to mount the board. The case i got, antec p180, did however, come with three, 3, brass mounting pins. The problems is, do i mount the board using those three pins AND the screws. ANother note, the case came with 9 mounts, not brass, already in it?>

jbranum said:
I'm building too, do you HAVE to put the brass mounting pins IN? My mobo, an asus, only came with screws and the manual said to use all 6 to mount the board. The case i got, antec p180, did however, come with three, 3, brass mounting pins. The problems is, do i mount the board using those three pins AND the screws. ANother note, the case came with 9 mounts, not brass, already in it?>

you put that brass thing under the mobo, put them in before you even touch the mobo. Then you put the mobo on those brass things so that you can attach the screws. If you don't have those brass things under the mobo and you just screw it in there the mobo will probably short circuit.

Back
Top Bottom