future proofing my pc

have a look at the x2 4400+
Different core, same clock speed as the 4200+ and 2x 1mb l2 cache instead of the 2x 512 on the 4200+

adamr100 said:
so a 1mb l2 cache is better than 2 x 512? yeh i was favouring to the 4400 amd its cheeper

yes, having more l2 cache is a good thing. I'm not an expert when it comes to cpus, so can't really tell you if there are any major differences in the cores, but the 4400+ is definitely a nice cpu.

adamr100 said:
oright thanks and if i upgrade ill be relatively future proofed?

yes. The only bad thing would be that the vid card doesn't support dx10, but I don't see a point in upgrading yet. nVidia is going to be releasing their cheaper dx10 card probably during Q2 of 2007, so next summer would be a good time to upgrade. Though there are already some dx10 games coming out Q1.

mammikoura said:
yes. The only bad thing would be that the vid card doesn't support dx10, but I don't see a point in upgrading yet. nVidia is going to be releasing their cheaper dx10 card probably during Q2 of 2007, so next summer would be a good time to upgrade. Though there are already some dx10 games coming out Q1.
There is already a few dx10 cards out now put they are damm expensive i would wait to upgrade also ATI are coming out with rumored core speeds of 1ghz so i would wait till ATI release and see

Is there even such a thing as future proof?....lol

There is always new stuff coming out, seems that whenever you buy something, a newer model comes out and the one you just bought goes down in price.

Yes it's worth upgrading now. If not, you'll always end up waiting and waiting and waiting....because technology changes like every 6 months. There are good stuff out already. Next year, we'll see a bunch of new stuff all over again. It's never ending.

Back
Top Bottom