audio cassette

Talonr

Beta member
hey, i was just wondering if there were any such technology as to record a Audio Cassette onto a computer without spending more than 10 dollars...i wanted to record a non-copyrighted cassette and put into the computer and i also saw something similar on the internet but costed about 50 dollars and up..so if you have any suggestions..please list them or websites which carry the technology...thanks

I very much doubt it. Ya either gonna need a soundcard that allows you to connect the tape player, or maybe there is some sort of all in one solution (not sure on this). But i know ya wont get it for $10

wow...thanks guys this site is really a good one...yeah ok ill try it and see if it works...wait, where can i buy one of those Y-Jacks as listed before? yeah sorry for confusion...

Yeah, using that cable is what i did just this week when i was editing some files....basically, any electrical shop should have one of those cables (you can pay as less as $3 AUD (about $5 USD))...only mu cassette player only had a headphone out jack, which complicated things (i did'nt have the converter thingys)...so i luckily had 2 of those RCA to headphone jack cables, plugged the headphone into the stereo, the red and white into the TV AV IN.....and with the other cable with the red and white in TV OUT, and the headphone end obviously in the pc sound card....i know thats a more hassle option, but if you cant get access to the little thing to change the red and white to headphone jack, like me, it is probably better....Sorry if i just confused you more lol...

Matt

yeah, dont want to get off topic, but where did you happen to buy the cords...ive been to Radioshack.com and googled it but nothing i saw was liek that...

Not sure about US...but i'm in Australia and get all my cable needs from the computer swapmeet, sort of like a big computer market....also i have gotten one from my local electrical shop, they should have them at a fairly cheap price..

Matt

yeah, thanks for the help...i looked more into the connectors and found a website which i already ordered this morning...here check it out...

http://www.audiogear.com/

yeah, ill put more feedback when I actually receive it...bye

I am actually using one of those 1/8" to RCA adapters on my pc right now. I use it on my output of the soundcard to send audio to my 240 watt shelf system in the room.

I can see how you could use it on a tape deck that has RCA out jacks to connect it to the input on your soundcard.

Back
Top Bottom