future proofing my pc

adamr1001

In Runtime
hi
was just wondering what i would need to do to future proof my pc,
i was thinking of a dual core cpu, and maybe another gig of ram any suggestions of what to upgrade and what to? i was hoping to keep the same mobo thanks

asus a8ne
amd athlon 3500 venice
1 gb ram
200gb hd
nvidia 7600gt
haupage tv tuner

if you need any other spec just say
thanks very much

yep, that's about it. A dual core cpu and another gig of ram should do wonders. Of course a new hdd if you need one. I wouldn't upgrade that vid card yet, it's a good dx9 card and the dx10 cards cost way too much atm. What kind of a psu do you have? Though it should handle the new cpu and ram fine, they shouldn't increase the power usage much.

how much do you want to spend?

If you want a new processor, which is a good idea..
I'd suggest and Intel Core 2 Duo.
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600's are good.
Do you have a budget that you'd wish to follow for the upgrades?
Yeah.. if you want more RAM, get some DDR II RAM

AlexM33 said:
If you want a new processor, which is a good idea..
I'd suggest and Intel Core 2 Duo.
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600's are good.
Do you have a budget that you'd wish to follow for the upgrades?
Yeah.. if you want more RAM, get some DDR II RAM

that would mean that instead of a new cpu and 1gb of ram he would be looking at a new cpu, 2gb of ram and a mobo. Which would end up being a little more expensive, and he said he wants to keep his old mobo.

Amd's dual cores are fine too, just not as good as intel ones, but he will be saving a lot of money because he can use his old ram and mobo.

right so amd x2 but which one do you recomend, i dont mind sticking amd, im quite a fan lol.

im alright for hd space, i got another 100 gig one that i can jam in when i need so its just the ram and cpu just not sure which

Back
Top Bottom