if you e-mail a teacher your homework...

If your teacher only gave you a date, not a time, then you shouldn't lose any marks. Of course, teachers being their usual cocky selves, will tell you something different.

It always depends on the teacher. Almost all the teachers around here though, dont let you turn in assignments for full credit after the end of the school day, regardless if they set up a time for it to be due or not.

Usually if they say it's due on a certain date, they mean it's due before school is out. That shouldn't have to be said, it should just be assumed. But again, it depends on your teacher.

The teacher should specify that it's due before school is out.

Don't try to argue it as an excuse for your homework being late.

exactly as Tommy boy said...

sometimes due date is the same as it would be basically when their office closed.

I.e if their office closes at 4:30 then all work submitted has to be in by that time.

if you can email work until midnight, and their office closes at 4:30, then you get an extra 7 1/2 hours to work on the assignment, most teachers (rightly) consider that this is unfair to people who work on paper.

root said:
exactly as Tommy boy said...

sometimes due date is the same as it would be basically when their office closed.

I.e if their office closes at 4:30 then all work submitted has to be in by that time.

if you can email work until midnight, and their office closes at 4:30, then you get an extra 7 1/2 hours to work on the assignment, most teachers (rightly) consider that this is unfair to people who work on paper.
Yeah I'd have to agree on that, the due date is up to the time the school closes

MarxSoccer said:
That's BS to me. Get your work done and have it IN YOUR HANDS when you walk into class.

agreed. That's how I always do it, unless I forget or I'm too lazy, but in that situation I bring it to the class the next day.

if you emailed early that day like right after school it's fine.. well atleast, my teacher's accepted that, i've done it before.

well for me, if its not in when she asks for it, or when she checks it then its late, no questions asked

actually...

it's best to hand it in early...

then, when you realise that you've done something wrong you can hand in corrections later...

Thats what I did at uni when I completly ignored scaling at the start of a graph I drew, and cam to a comclusion that the results were exponential rather than linear...

a couple of days later I handed in a rather rushed addendum that explain that I'd basically had a brain fart, and this is what the results and conclusions were meant to be, (when they were interperated properly!)... and that dragged my mark up from some 30% to around 80%.

I felt like I was the mutts nuts for handing it in early as well... thining that I could get on with other work, only to have to pretty much re-do everything except for the introduction and such...

Back
Top Bottom