help my eye is messed up lol

borat_sagdiyev said:
yesterday it was fine, but today when i woke up, i could see sharper out of my right eye than my left eye. its still like this. there is also a slight bump in the upper eyelid and it sorta hurts when i touch it. now its not as bad or disgusting as it sounds, but im still worried. any ideas what it might be?
See a doctor without delay, he will know what it is. or he may refer you to a hospital, do it ASAP!, sight is precious, forget the optician.

Steff said:
I guess it don't help that we all let the computer fry our eyes either :p

lol, I don't think the computer is that bad for your vision.
I have spent and still spend a lot of time on the computer and my vision is fine. :p (it's 1.25/1.25 and 1.6 if anyone is interested, if those numbers even tell you anything)

Steff said:
I guess it don't help that we all let the computer fry our eyes either :p
I can vouch for that, as a mod, I like to be online on average 8 hours a day, usually in 3 or 4 sessions, 365 a year, & my eyes get very tired on the last one each day, about 10 to 11pm, & as somebdy else said, sometimes one eye hurts, but unlike him, it's the eyeball itself, when I press it, I know there aren't any nerves in the eye, I did get a shock when I went for a yearly check up with my optician, he took longer than usual, then told me I had a cataract forming, yike!, & asked me if I did a lot of close work, so I told him the time I spent online, big intake of breath, a shake of the head, & some notes scribbled down.

John...go get some eye wash too. I've had this happen before and I got some eye wash and it cleaned it out and it went away after a day or two.

maurice, try increasing the refresh rate of the monitor. Makes the screen look smoother so it doesn't stress your eyes that much. Right click on the desktop and then properties I think and then find the resolution settings and it should be there. Or then when you are in the resolution setting you need to go to the advanced settings. Not sure since I'm not running windows, but if you can't find it post back and I'm sure someone will help you. The refresh rate is a personal preference thing, I like to keep it at 100hz, which is as fast as I can make my monitor without lowering the resolution too much. Some say that 85hz is too fast for them, though I don't know how it can be too fast, but they say that they prefer to keep it at 75hz.

But test with the different settings, if I'm using like 60hz my eyes start hurting in like 10 mins, with 100hz I can spend unlimited time infront of the pc without feeling anything.

yeah, i keep mine refreshed at 75hz too.and as for the eye thing, i hear holding a very warm washcloth on it will cause it to heal faster, but you will have to do often and keep it on there for at minumum of 10 minutes.....but it helps.

borat_sagdiyev said:
yesterday it was fine, but today when i woke up, i could see sharper out of my right eye than my left eye. its still like this. there is also a slight bump in the upper eyelid and it sorta hurts when i touch it. now its not as bad or disgusting as it sounds, but im still worried. any ideas what it might be?
drugs? It mite be to much your taking that your eye's are high to :)

mammikoura said:
Maurice, try increasing the refresh rate of the monitor. Makes the screen look smoother so it doesn't stress your eyes that much. Right click on the desktop and then properties I think and then find the resolution settings and it should be there. Or then when you are in the resolution setting you need to go to the advanced settings. Not sure since I'm not running windows, but if you can't find it post back and I'm sure someone will help you. The refresh rate is a personal preference thing, I like to keep it at 100hz, which is as fast as I can make my monitor without lowering the resolution too much. Some say that 85hz is too fast for them, though I don't know how it can be too fast, but they say that they prefer to keep it at 75hz.

But test with the different settings, if I'm using like 60hz my eyes start hurting in like 10 mins, with 100hz I can spend unlimited time infront of the pc without feeling anything.
Thanks, I'll try that
beer.gif

Back
Top Bottom