Ricerific

I never said I had a race car. I never said anything turning my car into wannabe racer to go up against other people. Get the facts straight before making accusations. Hey, I'm just modding it as you say. I'm not a heavy modder and the exterior doesn't look flashy. Just take a look at the other Corollas. THat's what mine looks like. I just got some performance work done it that's all. Is that illegal to do? I don't think so. Ha, if you challenge me on this, TRD components are 50 state legal. There's nothing against making the car drive a little faster, right? Or are you going to call the police so they can give me a ticket for exhibition of speed now? :rolleyes:

You don't think I know what kind of car a Corolla is? Duh, of course it's an economy sedan, hello!!! I purposely got it with the 4-doors and gas mileage for commuting and taking friends out. I rack up quite a bit of miles you know. Sorry, can't afford no $800 car payment for an STI, excuse me. Got other bills to pay and can't blow it on a $30,000+ car.

Oh another thing. I can't help it if TRD has performance options for Corollas. Am I suppose to tell Toyota to stop making TRD parts for the Corolla? TRD makes them for most Toyota models. If modifying the suspension, ECU, exhaust, and supercharger with official TRD performance parts is rice, sue me. It's all in good fun and the extra boost it's getting makes it fun to drive. Call up Toyota and tell them it's rice too. Watch them laugh in your face.

You would take a non VR-4 Galant over a Corolla "any day"? Hey, that's your call. I could care less what you get. Let's hope you keep your word, or eat it. Don't want you driving around in a same model car as me anyways.

Clutch said:
ricer.jpg

that is a horrible front bumper!

Clutch said:
There are a FEW out there done right. But than again, there are smart "ricers". They make theirs look like the other crappy ricers, but add the actual performance mods. Maybe they actualy think their cars look good like that.
wtf.gif

To each his own I guess. Here's a taste of what does LOOK good, SOUND good and PERFORM well:

1969_Ford_Mustang_Boss_429_black.jpg

1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429

cuda.jpg

'71 Hemi Cuda (I almost bought one, instead I got my 66 Stang)

delorean2.jpg

The infamous, DeLorean, painted black. :cool:

Pretty cool. I can't get into purple but I like the car. My car LOOKS good and SOUNDS good. lol
Clutch, you should hear my car. I bet you couldn't guess what it was if you didn't know already. I also bet you couldn't guess how many cylinders there are unless I really get on it. At idle it sounds so low and insane and when I get up near 6K it sounds like "performance high pitch" but not raspy and ricey.

TRDCorolla said:
I never said I had a race car. I never said anything turning my car into wannabe racer to go up against other people. Get the facts straight before making accusations. Hey, I'm just modding it as you say. I'm not a heavy modder and the exterior doesn't look flashy. Just take a look at the other Corollas. THat's what mine looks like. I just got some performance work done it that's all. Is that illegal to do? I don't think so. Ha, if you challenge me on this, TRD components are 50 state legal. There's nothing against making the car drive a little faster, right? Or are you going to call the police so they can give me a ticket for exhibition of speed now? :rolleyes:

You don't think I know what kind of car a Corolla is? Duh, of course it's an economy sedan, hello!!! I purposely got it with the 4-doors and gas mileage for commuting and taking friends out. I rack up quite a bit of miles you know. Sorry, can't afford no $800 car payment for an STI, excuse me. Got other bills to pay and can't blow it on a $30,000+ car.

Oh another thing. I can't help it if TRD has performance options for Corollas. Am I suppose to tell Toyota to stop making TRD parts for the Corolla? TRD makes them for most Toyota models. If modifying the suspension, ECU, exhaust, and supercharger with official TRD performance parts is rice, sue me. It's all in good fun and the extra boost it's getting makes it fun to drive. Call up Toyota and tell them it's rice too. Watch them laugh in your face.

You would take a non VR-4 Galant over a Corolla "any day"? Hey, that's your call. I could care less what you get. Let's hope you keep your word, or eat it. Don't want you driving around in a same model car as me anyways.

I never said you have a "race car" either, nor did I call it rice. You said different people will see things differently. I made a comment about your SN. That's all. Personally I don't give a rats ass what you did to your car, nor do I care who's faster. I was just telling you what I would do, as you were telling us what you thought. You are entitled to your opinion of other peoples cars just as I am. You said you thought his car was "ricey" I told you that your SN made me think you were driving in a riced out Corolla. Simple as that.

I never mentioned anything about legalities on modding a car. Underbody lights, illegal, lighted washer nozzles, illegal. TRD parts (or any other manufactures aftermarket performance products, for that matter), not illegal or they wouldn't be allowed to sell them! D U H ! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would take a Galant over a Corolla any day. I've worked on enough of them and seen the problems those cars have. Just doing a tune up is retarded on one of those. They are: 1) too small (I'm 5'9" and I have friends taller than me who wouldn't be able to reach my pedals the way I sit in my cars), 2) too slow, 3) economy cars. The day I have to worry about gas mileage is the day I need a better job. I get a whopping 15.25 MPG in my 3.6L V6 Buick LeSabre Custom and I am thinking about putting either a S/C or turbo (GNX style) on it, way to shoot that mileage down even more.

Believe me, I have a 1966 Mustang in the driveway. What the hell would I want with a Corolla? :rolleyes: I don't have a want or need to , but IF I decided to get a new car, I would go with either a Mercedes Benz C320 Kompressor w/manual trans, Mustang GT 5-speed, or an Acura TL w/manual trans.

BTW, D, what do you have? I have 14 cylinders and 502ci of displacement in my 66 coupe. Betcha can't guess how! :D

Oh yummy! I want an Acura TL. Those are nice. Not too big, not too small and they look nice and sleek. :D

Whopping 121 ci of raw not power in my Ford Focus hatch. You should hear the exhaust note though, pure Borla. I wouldn't have it any other way.

D-Lew said:
Whopping 121 ci of raw not power in my Ford Focus hatch. You should hear the exhaust note though, pure Borla. I wouldn't have it any other way.

You SERIOUSLY put a Borla on a Fukkass?
wtf.gif
o.0

I'll be honest with ya tho, those things move. I kinda felt bad when I got in a race with some young dude who had a ZX3 5 speed. I WHOOPED HIS ASS!!!! in my LeSabre. the first time, he missed, and I do mean MISSED, second gear. His GF's head went straight forward and almost hit the dash. The second time, I let him get off the line and into second before WOT. Still burned him. He was getting pissed the third time and missed second again and GROUND the S%#$ outta 3rd! :rolleyes: :D

Everything else sounds like total ass, believe me. It was a $350 system shipped, not bad all things considered. 304 stainless, mandrel bends, oh-so-sexy sound. I wish I could record it somehow. But they retail for like $450-500. John Bleakley Ford Parts Department FTW.

Mine doesn't move, it's an auto with only a few mods. My best 1/4 time was a 17.1 @ 78, not very fast. But throw on a turbo and you can easily break into low 14's. Unfortunately, the auto trans is weak and would fail if I put one on, but the manuals... oh man. One guy with an SVT Focus is pushing like 23psi and over 300whp. The SVT tuned Zetec is also a very torque-biased engine, too. It's awesome what they can do.

Back
Top Bottom