Which Mp3 Player

Yeah, the 80GB weighs and is a bit thicker than the 30GB. Not by much, but it's noticable.

unless you intend to use it as both an mp3 player and an external hard drive.. I see absolutely no point in having it.

alvino, you may be happy to know then that the latest players are fitting both the MP3 tags and folders layout into the same GUI, by a simple setting :p
I naturally prefer the folder structure over anything else, as I tend to remember by memory more things that define a track, like where its from, and stuff like that, rather than by Artist and Album name, as my memory can't really store stuff like that as easily I don't think.

Haha, I just like it. It looks cleaner to have MP3 tags and album art done for you. Having to sort through them by name (if you use BitTorrent, some can be labeled weird) is kinda ehh...

I think its mainly because my PC collection is all sorted into folders, and my MP3 player oly does ID3 track listings. I had to rename everything and also, tried faking a folder structure which has kind of worked, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Another important aspect of any MP3 playeris the ability to skip tracks, and skip well. That means, being able to skip tracks, remembering what its played previously, and also skip a large region so that it doesn't play the same kind of track all the time.
Mine can't do that very well, and so, it tends to repeat tracks alot when you turn off the device and back on again.

Another important feature I think, is the ability to skip by certain attributes based on ID3 tags. Rating, etc.

MOOD:

I'd love one to catorgarise by mood also. An Added ID3 tag prehaps, that would ask you when you turn on the player how you are feeling, and play music you may not skip as often.

Once you tell it how you feel when you first turn it on, songs that you skip would be recorded in another Mood, and ones you don't would be recorded into the mood its on when you selected your mood.
It'd then have to work like this for a while until it got all of them, though of course, it's possible a track could be listed in more than one mood setting.

MikeReiner said:
unless you intend to use it as both an mp3 player and an external hard drive.. I see absolutely no point in having it.
yeah not many people have 80GB of music, once when i went to a party the Dj had one of thoose iDJ things and he only used like 50GB up

The iPod Nano is okay. I love how it's so small and thin, but since my hands are somewhat big, it's rather uncomfortable to hold and use the click wheel after a while.

On the other hand, I definately cannot wait to see the Samsung YP-K3. :D That thing is ownage. So sleek and THIN!

So move over iPod Nano and hello YP-K3 aka "Sexy!" :D

yp-k3.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/30/samsungs-yp-k3-caught-in-the-wild/

alvino said:
The iPod Nano is okay. I love how it's so small and thin, but since my hands are somewhat big, it's rather uncomfortable to hold and use the click wheel after a while.

On the other hand, I definately cannot wait to see the Samsung YP-K3. :D That thing is ownage. So sleek and THIN!

So move over iPod Nano and hello YP-K3 aka "Sexy!" :D

yp-k3.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/30/samsungs-yp-k3-caught-in-the-wild/

yeah that one is pretty cool, hopefully it will give the iPod a run for its money.

Back
Top Bottom