Need a little help on a Hp Pavilion a510n

sounds like your disk is bad or your drive is bad. whatever is going on you are not booting from you cd-rom at all. if you have 2 drives make sure they are set to master and slave and not just on cable select or remove one of the drives and see if it works.

jguitarp00 said:
I have been changing the boot sequence for a while now. I even put the hard drive in diasable.

When I put the sequence in 1.)cd-rom then 2.) Hard drive.
It will load up then go straight to the options where I can choose to do safe mode.

When I disable the hard drive it seems to work best, but an error message comes up saying "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter"

I already had the cd in the drive so i pressed enter and nothering. I also tried the other cd drive..

Also I cannot go into any kind of safe mode. or command promt, b/c it says its missing the system config file.

Thanks,
Jp

Sounds to me like your not using a bootable CD, Borrow a friends XP Disk and see if you can boot from it.

Also make sure your CD rom is reconized in BIOS. If not make sure its connected, make sure it has power, or it could be bad..

Im pretty sure this cd is good, b/c I booted Windows 2000 with this cd to another computer.

Does anybody have a copy of xp or 2000 they wanna sell???

I dont sorry man, But i would definetly make sure you have a known good bootable cd, before you replace the drive

Back
Top Bottom