DO NOT buy vista guys

alvino said:
I would choose XP because of it's broader compatability with almost everything. Games, apps, you name it. The Mac? Oohh...you can play Doom 3 and Halo. :rolleyes:

yes I would choose windows instead of a mac too. But read it again, I was asking "If you were to choose from 2 identical operating systems"

Windows and Mac OS is not identical. Neither is Linux.

IF there were two identical OS's, one with less viruses, then yes I would choose that one. But that's not the case. :)

alvino said:
Windows and Mac OS is not identical. Neither is Linux.

IF there were two identical OS's, one with less viruses, then yes I would choose that one. But that's not the case. :)

yes I know they are not identical. But what I'm trying to say is that no matter what reasons there is for the viruses, it would be better not to have them.

Ehh...you need to look at the bigger picture too. Sure, viruses are a pain in the butt, but you do have to realize why Windows has more viruses and such than the Mac.

alvino said:
Ehh...you need to look at the bigger picture too. Sure, viruses are a pain in the butt, but you do have to realize why Windows has more viruses and such than the Mac.

yes I understand that. And I believe that I have said about 3 times that I know the reasons for windows having more viruses. But still, it doesn't change the fact that windows has those viruses, and because of that I definitely count it as an disadvantage for windows when comparing it to other operating systems.

I don't. Sure, Windows has more viruses, but I'll swallow that for the compatability Windows has with 90% of apps today.

alvino said:
I don't. Sure, Windows has more viruses, but I'll swallow that for the compatability Windows has with 90% of apps today.

I agree with the latter sentence. But well, of course you can have your own opinion, but I just don't see why you don't think having viruses is a disadvantage. There is nothing good about viruses. Now I'm not saying that macs are superior to windows because they don't get infected. It's just one thing, and as I said, I'd choose win xp over any mac anyday.

To me, it looks like it's time to pull out those DVDs and archive my Windows OS and all the other things belonging in there.

I think it's time to devote some tries with Ubuntu. UK31337, would you recommend Breesy Badger, the one I got shipped or the other one?

Back
Top Bottom