I should Have known.....(help would be great!!)

OMG Norton needs to go in the trash, I had it, never again, I bet that is your problem.

its offly loud when i boot it up...and its not just the fans because it seems like an uneven noise....this isnt sounding good.... :-(

CompMan said:
hdd noise, its normal.
but louder than in the past?

edit: one more thing, ive had symantec for over 2 years now ( i get it from Drexel) and ive never had this problem before

alright well i guess i have something to do while I wait for my car...I cant wait for that car!!!

ok thanks!!

Just another point. Ive had bad HDD's in the past where the fault has been intermittant. Ive had to run the diagnostics a few times to actualy pick up the fault.

Raffaz said:
Just another point. Ive had bad HDD's in the past where the fault has been intermittant. Ive had to run the diagnostics a few times to actualy pick up the fault.
the HDD is a seagate and I went to run a diagnostic on it and it failed both times...who knows

anyway i started a degragment last night and its now 6:30AM and its only like 40% done so i figured id let it go the rest of today if it finishes...we shall see otherwise I may need to reformat and not load it with all of GATEWAYS SH**...which just messes it up anyway...

THANKs for all the help

-kj

What failed? Was it the drive or the test software? If the drive failed then i would be backing up your data. What has it failed for? Also if its still under warranty then ya will be to get it replaced. When a drive fails you normally get an error code, and you just need to quote that.

Raffaz said:
What failed? Was it the drive or the test software? If the drive failed then i would be backing up your data. What has it failed for? Also if its still under warranty then ya will be to get it replaced. When a drive fails you normally get an error code, and you just need to quote that.

the test itself failed...im running a defragment right now...but i think something is up...im using like 100GB of my 300GB drive and it really "doesnt need to be defraged" says the anaylsis but im doing it anyway...and over night it only got 38% complete

call Gateway?

Back
Top Bottom