Decide

Tommy Boy said:
After reading the reviews on both cards, I would say get the 7900 GTX. The most you'd have to do is upgrade the firmware on the card and it'll be better (quieter fan).

The one review for the 7950 GT said he has to restart every so often because his fps drops.
so 7900 and 7950 use the same chipset or something of that type?

Well, I think they might use a similar one, but hey 512 MB of ram? 256 more then 7900 with life time warranty for 30 bucks more?

Also evga comes with hitman blood money.

i really cant stand people who think the memory is the only thing that matters.

I learned at pixel pipelines as well, and so forth.

I know Ram isn't the only thing that matters but apparently thats the biggest difference betweent he two cards.

Nik00117 said:
I learned at pixel pipelines as well, and so forth.

I know Ram isn't the only thing that matters but apparently thats the biggest difference betweent he two cards.
no i was talking about the compman guy.

7900GTX>7950GT. Memory doesnt always matter. If you don't have enough bandwidth going between the core and the memory, memory size won't matter. The 7950GT has less pixel and vertex shaders compared to the 7900GTX. If there arent enough processors to load all the pixels onto the screen from the memory, then what's the point for having so much memory?

PP are the same though. Its 24, the speed is almost the same, core clock is a bit higher on the GT then the GTX.

Back
Top Bottom