DO NOT buy vista guys

I don't like macs... Ever try to play CS:S on a mac? FEAR? Oblivion I heard it doesn't run good.

Frankly I perfer Windows over MAC ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I do not like MACs theres a reason why 90% of the market is PCs and 10% is macs.

Nik00117 said:
I don't like macs... Ever try to play CS:S on a mac? FEAR? Oblivion I heard it doesn't run good.

I do not like MACs theres a reason why 90% of the market is PCs and 10% is macs.

I never really liked macs either. Though I haven't used one for a long time, and when I did it was for like 10 mins or so. And the main reason why 90% of the market is pcs is because windows does an awesome job at marketing.

Yes, windows does a awesome job at marketing thats not why I buy it.

I'm fully aware of Macs, Linux, Unix etc

However do they do what I want them to do?

No, I want plug and play my friend was like Linux is way more custimizeable! And i'm liek I don't feel like spending a entire day seting up a OS, and just the OS. I want to install it and be done with it.

Granted Macs install is prob like XP, however Windows just offer what I needs and keep its easy enough.

Nik00117 said:
And i'm liek I don't feel like spending a entire day seting up a OS, and just the OS. I want to install it and be done with it.

no offence, but if you are using some of the easier versions of linux, like kubuntu, ubuntu or suse (these are the only ones I've tried) you have to be a complete idiot to manage spending an entire day installing it. Took me about 30 mins installing kubuntu, I'd say that's about the same time it takes for Win xp.

I think some linux distros don't have a graphical installer, which would probably make installing hard for a beginner, and you could end up using a full day doing it. But the easier distros, you only need to know how to read to install them.

Nik00117 said:

Because of marketing and mac's being crap until like 2000.

Mac's are more efficient and more stable. I think their OS is easier to use for the average user as well. It's also a far more powerful operating system for advanced users.

Nik00117 said:

gaming is a downside on macs, it's pretty much nonexistant but then again I'm mostly going to be using it for school work, multimedia and all that stuff. For gaming I'll still keep XP until it's discontinued and then probably get vista (it will be cheaper by the time XP is outdated).

lhuser said:
I will have to correct you here, there is also Windows 1.01, 3.0, NT 3.0, 3.1, 3.51, 4.0, 4.0 Server.

The operating systems he mentioned are based on DOS. Some of systems you mentioned are based on the NT kernel.

DJ-CHRIS said:

Mac's are more efficient and more stable. I think their OS is easier to use for the average user as well. It's also a far more powerful operating system for advanced users.

In what way? Because it doesn't have viruses?

Be honest here, bud....who's going to write code for viruses for platforms that are in 10% of Computer users' households? It's a waste of time...

I get tired of Apple and its users throwing that in the faces of PC users trying to attract them over. No matter what they say, the reason they don't have the viruses that Windows does, is because their user database is damn near minuscule compared to Microsoft's user database.

Jon F said:
The operating systems he mentioned are based on DOS. Some of systems you mentioned are based on the NT kernel.
Take away the 4.0 ad we're set. all older versions were DOS based.

DJ-CHRIS said:

Not to mention that Mac OS's are designed for the hardware since most of it is proprietary. For Windows you have to allow for all kinds of hardware, not the same combination over and over.

Back
Top Bottom