How about a thread for HTPC's?

CrossCech

Daemon Poster
How about a sub-forum for HTPC's?

I've looked around on CF for threads posted about Home Theater PC's, but haven't found any.

Lately I've been researching how to build a personal DVR/PVR with a spare pc (AMD +2400, 2gb DDR 3200), to include in my home theater experience. Was wondering if anyone here at CF has taken an interest in this as well and has some experience. I'd be appreciative of any advice, suggestions or just general knowledge in this area.

Please don't just ONLY post links to other websites that discuss this topic, I've been to a lot of them. Doesn't mean I won't take a look, but Im more interested in hearing your personal experience in this topic, if you have any.

I'm working off OTA (over-the-air antenna) for local channel tv (HD channels) and Directv satellite for the rest (Standard Digital). Sat reciever is not HD, yet, but soon will be.

I've got a pretty steep background in computer building and networking, I work in the field. So ... hand holding isn't necessary ... just a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks! Looking forward to your response!

Re: How about a sub-forum for HTPC's?

CrossCech said:
I've looked around on CF for threads posted about Home Theater PC's, but haven't found any.

Lately I've been researching how to build a personal DVR/PVR with a spare pc (AMD +2400, 2gb DDR 3200), to include in my home theater experience. Was wondering if anyone here at CF has taken an interest in this as well and has some experience. I'd be appreciative of any advice, suggestions or just general knowledge in this area.

Please don't just ONLY post links to other websites that discuss this topic, I've been to a lot of them. Doesn't mean I won't take a look, but Im more interested in hearing your personal experience in this topic, if you have any.

I'm working off OTA (over-the-air antenna) for local channel tv (HD channels) and Directv satellite for the rest (Standard Digital). Sat reciever is not HD, yet, but soon will be.

I've got a pretty steep background in computer building and networking, I work in the field. So ... hand holding isn't necessary ... just a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks! Looking forward to your response!

Yeah sounds cool, I'm into HTPC stuff aswell. Have HDA X-plosion, into a denon 1803 receiver, Wharfedale diamond9.4 fronts, REL sub, JBL center and rears, Mordaunt short rear center

What are you using for a video capture card? This is my main interest in building a DVR/PVR. In particular ... capturing HD content.

CrossCech said:
What are you using for a video capture card? This is my main interest in building a DVR/PVR. In particular ... capturing HD content.
Compro Videomate T-300

Back
Top Bottom