Question About Ram

Its usually a good rule of thumb to stick with the same manufacture with both sticks of RAM.

Thats from experience

Hey,

Just following on with a similar question, i currently have 2X512 Kingston DDRII-533 RAM in dual channel....if i was to go buy another 2 sticks of the exact same ram, same company etc....so i have 4X 512 would it still run in Dual Channel??

Matt

yes, as long as all of the ram sticks are capable of dual channel it will work. Don't know if it matters now, since the sticks would all be identical, but I'd make it so that the 2 old sticks are in dual channel with eachother and the 2 new are in dual channel with eachother.

mammikoura said:
yes, as long as all of the ram sticks are capable of dual channel it will work. Don't know if it matters now, since the sticks would all be identical, but I'd make it so that the 2 old sticks are in dual channel with eachother and the 2 new are in dual channel with eachother.

mammikoura is correct in fact thats how i am running the memory in my system

So i can run 2 in dual channel and the other 2 in a sort of seperate dual channel..OK...what if i was to get a 1gb stick with my 2x512? would that still let the 512's be dual?

Thanks

Matt

Yes the 512s would still be dual and the 1gb wouldn't.

Watch out though! If you have an intel motherboard (make, not chipset), that 1gb might not work because it isn't dualed. This only applies to a few motherboards but its annoying when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom