Dual Channel combination??

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello today I just bought some OCZ Dual channel 2x 512 memory and I have 4 slots two are colour coded blue and on the other side there are two colour coded black.

{Blue}{Blue} {Black}{Black}

I tried 1 in blue and one in black, still worked and both in the first two blues which one is correct???

but when I put them both in the first two blues it did come up, "overclocked failed" and I had to revert my FSB to automatic and it worked...??

This is the way it should work for dual channel

2 Blue = Both Paired sticks

the 2 Black slots will be were your second Paired sticks of ram should go.

And i would keep it on automatic, make sure its stable.

Then if you feel inclined tinker with it...

I'm not sure , It doesn't seem very stable in this position, games take slightly longer to load etc.....

Should I try the other order see if it works better there....

Is it crashing or freezing in that position?

do you have mismatched modules?

A LOT of things can cause PC slowdown

No it came in a kit both of them, it's not causing it to freeze in anyway I put the ram but I expected more from them then my former setup if you can see from my signature and it should be??

IronMaiden6669 said:
No it came in a kit both of them, it's not causing it to freeze in anyway I put the ram but I expected more from them then my former setup if you can see from my signature and it should be??

Alright your first post and your Sig say something different, One says you bought 2X 512 MB

and your sig says 2X 256 and 1X512 MB.

If you have 2X 512 = Put them in both blue slots

If you have 2X 256 = Put them in both blue slots, and the 512MB in the Black slot.

No I mean ok, this is the combination I had before. I have four ram slots and I had 1x512mb stick and 2x 256mb leaving one remaming space, this made 1 gb I then new it was not a good idea to have all sorts chucked in so I went and bought the OCZ Dual Channel memory 2x 512mb making 1gb and in dual channel that's what I mean, and I feel I have lossed performance...

IronMaiden6669 said:
No I mean ok, this is the combination I had before. I have four ram slots and I had 1x512mb stick and 2x 256mb leaving one remaming space, this made 1 gb I then new it was not a good idea to have all sorts chucked in so I went and bought the OCZ Dual Channel memory 2x 512mb making 1gb and in dual channel that's what I mean, and I feel I have lossed performance...

No I doubt you lost performance.

I would bench mark the system with both configurations to check it out for certain.

(both configs should yeild you realitivly the same performance)

Why dont you take the remaining 2X256 MB of ram and put it along side the 2x 512MB sticks you have you would have 1.5 GB then :)

Wouldn't it be weird to mix different types of Ram because the 2x 256mb sticks are identical only in speed..?

I also have a question, i bought 2X 1G Muskin redline. They came in a dual kit. But for some reason i have dougts about that they actually run in a dual mode. How can i tell if my 2 sticks of 1G each ram is running in a dual mode?

Back
Top Bottom