Monitor/Video Card Problem

sanka

Daemon Poster
Well, I just built my computer and got it running, but I can't plug in a monitor! The video card comes with two white DVI-I ports, but no analog port. Instead, they gave me an analog adapter. I plug in the adapter (theres two and I tried both), and plug in the monitor, and it doesn't work! Whats wrong? :confused:

Do you have the drivers installed for the new graphics card?

And for the record, what is the new card? Is it the 7600GT in your sig?

No, I don't have the drivers installed because this is the first time I have booted up the comp.

And yes, it is the 7600GT in my sig.

When I turn on the comp the video card fan is blowing so its not dead (maybe). any other ideas? I'm gonna try and borrow someone's video card with a regular blue slot and see if it works. . .

So let me get this right. You have set up your pc, you turn it on. Then what happens? Do you just get a black screen? Do you get any beeps? Can you get into the BIOS?

DILLIGAF said:
My thoughts too, @ OP did you try both DVI ports on the card or just both adapters on the one port?

shouldn't matter. At least with my 6800GT my monitor will display the image no matter which port I plug it into. But still worth a try.

But trying another vid card would be a good idea. I doubt it's the adapters, since it's very unlikely that both of them are messed up. Though again, you could always try an adapter that has been tested and is working fine.

I had the same kind of problem when building this pc, turns out my mobo was busted.

I tired both DVI adapters to no avail. When I turn the PC on I get it seems to run fine, no beeps and it starts up well. I just can't see anything on the screen.

AlexF1224 said:
I tired both DVI adapters to no avail. When I turn the PC on I get it seems to run fine, no beeps and it starts up well. I just can't see anything on the screen.

well try to get your hands on the other vid card. Though I'm leaning toward the mobo being broken. I had the exactly same situation, everything seemed to be working fine, no beeps, all lights & fans came on etc. But just a black screen.

Back
Top Bottom