the ZUNE!

Well I never said it was crap, because it isn't. It's just no so great that it deserves all that hype and attention.

I will agree that the ipod is a bit overrated, but I still think it's a great product as I've heard apple products usually are. I haven't had one problem with my ipod and I haven't exactly been gentle with it either! after the good experience I've had with this one, I'll definitely get another one.

The Ipod would be a worthy buy if you decided to update the firmware with the Rock (Not sure if its exactly called that) firmware which allows it to do more. Quite alot more actually, and its not official.

Crossfading, gapless, MP3, OGG, Wav playback, advanced EQ, etc.

drumthrasher said:
well the psp isn't strictly for digital media, its more towards games.
i don't really like apple, but the ipod is pretty darn good compared to the rest.

WRONG.

Does Apple have WiFi to transfer songs from one player to another like the Zune? I think not.

The Zune kicks iPod's ass, plain and simple. Hell, right now you can get it off of Dell's website for 10% off the regular price of $249.99.

I get sick of people saying that iPod is awesome, when in reality, if you saw how and where these things were manufactured, as opposed to the Zune being created in Seattle, you'd be very very suprised and disappointed. iPod is a hack job compared to most.

wtf r u talking about???
the wi-fi song transfer thing for the zune; u can only transfer songs for 3 days or 3 plays, thats why the zune sucks.
the ipod has WAY MORE FEATURES! i'll post a comparison later today.

update:
ZUNE:
MP3, AAC, WMA for Music Playback
JPEG Picture Viewing
WMV, MPEG-4, H.264 Video Playback
FM Radio (sounds like shit)
Wi-Fi Song Transfer (3 days/3 plays)

anything else? if so, plz tell me.

iPOD:
MPEG audio (MP3/MP2/MP1), OGG, Musepack, AAC, AC3 (DVD audio), FLAC, WavPack, Shorten, Apple Lossless, WAV/AIFF Playback
JPEG, BMP Photos
MPEG-4, H.264, MPEG1/MPEG2, AVI Video Playback
World Clock
Games
Over 1000 games (Doom, N64, Sega GameGear, GB/GBC, IPG, MAME, and LOTS more)
Calendar
Contacts
Notes (can read books and more)
Can View PowerPoints
File Browser
Graphic Equalizer
WAV to MP3 Converter
Battery Tester
Battery Benchmark
Calculator
Chess Clock
File Search
Demystify (Screensaver)
Dictionary
Disk-cleanup
Euro Currency Converter
Fire (screensaver)
Metronome
MIDI Player
Mosaique (screensaver)
Oscilloscope (screensaver type thinger...)
Plasma (screensaver)
Folder-List Generator
Paint
Snow (screensaver)
Starfield (screensaver)
Timer (stop-watch)
Text Editor
VU Meter

a lot more than that too.

Yeah, considering how long the iPod's been out, I'm sure you'll find tons of hacks and homebrew apps out for it. :rolleyes:

For those of you considering a new MP3 player, try this. Instead of listining to el iPod fanboy, go to the Apple Store and play around with the iPod and see if it's to your liking. Same thing goes with the Zune (you'll find kiosks at Target etc.). It doesn't matter what fanboys say, because if YOU don't like the product, it's a waste of money.

You can't deny that the Ipod has a very good unoffical firmware, and yeah, it adds alot of good stuff. If I ended up somehow with one, I'd install the unoffical ones straight away.

The Zune though, and any other player shouldn't be stacked against any other. I just hate it. its a good player for people who want it, as it offers good features, etc not offered by some other players.

MP3 players should be catorgarised from sound quality. I haven't heard the Zunes music abilities/quality so can't really specify what wins.

creative players have been around for a while and it still doesn't have any kind of homebrew apps and stuff....
bottom line...people who want the zune beware, u won't like it compared to the ipod. if u do, something is wrong.

drumthrasher said:
wtf r u talking about???
the wi-fi song transfer thing for the zune; u can only transfer songs for 3 days or 3 plays, thats why the zune sucks.
the ipod has WAY MORE FEATURES! i'll post a comparison later today.

update:
ZUNE:
MP3, AAC, WMA for Music Playback
JPEG Picture Viewing
WMV, MPEG-4, H.264 Video Playback
FM Radio (sounds like shit)
Wi-Fi Song Transfer (3 days/3 plays)

anything else? if so, plz tell me.

iPOD:
MPEG audio (MP3/MP2/MP1), OGG, Musepack, AAC, AC3 (DVD audio), FLAC, WavPack, Shorten, Apple Lossless, WAV/AIFF Playback
JPEG, BMP Photos
MPEG-4, H.264, MPEG1/MPEG2, AVI Video Playback
World Clock
Games
Over 1000 games (Doom, N64, Sega GameGear, GB/GBC, IPG, MAME, and LOTS more)
Calendar
Contacts
Notes (can read books and more)
Can View PowerPoints
File Browser
Graphic Equalizer
WAV to MP3 Converter
Battery Tester
Battery Benchmark
Calculator
Chess Clock
File Search
Demystify (Screensaver)
Dictionary
Disk-cleanup
Euro Currency Converter
Fire (screensaver)
Metronome
MIDI Player
Mosaique (screensaver)
Oscilloscope (screensaver type thinger...)
Plasma (screensaver)
Folder-List Generator
Paint
Snow (screensaver)
Starfield (screensaver)
Timer (stop-watch)
Text Editor
VU Meter

a lot more than that too.

Dude, I don't want a friggin' PDA, I want an MP3 player. I can get those features on my damn Palm Treo cell phone.

Fact is, 3/4 of those features you just mentioned are home brewed/hacked bullcrap. You realize that stuff is going to come out for the Zune as well, and soon enough your little tirade of jealousy about a competitor to the iPod will end.

Crappy FM Tuner? What the hell is it supposed to sound like? CD Quality? It's friggin' FM, buddy, not satellite radio!

Your arguments are moot. The Zune is what it is, an MP3 player with a lot of features that either outmatch or perform equivalently to the iPod. Playback features? Expect more from the Zune with firmware updates.

The iPod has about 6-7 years or more on the Zune. Congrats to them.

I'm just glad someone else is around to steal some market share from the over-hyped Apple hippies.

are you stupid? the zune will never have those features.
and these homebrew/hacked apps aren't all bad. whoever made them have been looking into it for many years and have made something worth getting.

Back
Top Bottom