CaneBaller said:
if u come across alienware
i suggest
DONT buy from alienware
100% ripoff

DELL FTW
XPS 700

Uhh Dell owns Alienware so you are kinda buying from Dell anyway

Thanks everybody- this has definantly helped me out. Arriz, thanks everyone!also, ill build it and ill take a peak. Thanks :D

EDIT
To Chainer-Thanks, but no thanks. Ill get a good enough deal with the company my dad works with, itll probably take a good chunk of the cost off if it works the way im thinking.

EDIT (again) im an idiot, Arriz already knew linking to the final product didnt work. Didnt read right :p

Final Edit-Sorry, excuse the edits, but i would rather not double post.
im changing a few things for the setup Arriz gave me, and i was wondering if the 256mb ATI radeon x1300 pro is worth it, or would it be best to save up for a graphics card myself and get the 128? thanks

I personally don't think it would be worth paying $50 more just to get some extra video memory. Both are kind of low-end video cards, but I honestly don't think you'll need the 256MB one, especially if you don't do much intensive gaming. They'd probably be almost the same performance-wise.

Zanarias said:
Thanks for your generosity, but i definantly dont feel safe making my own at this time, and i would feel more comfortable if it was built through a company....i mean no offense at you at all, so dont take it offensively. Ibuypower is good, but i cant seem to make one under 1000 dollars. Mind helping me out a bit? Mainly just for media and gaming..

Edit-sorry, i probably need some more specifics...Preferably AMD, a black case and a dvd/cd drive and a 2 speaker set if possible

Here mate anyone can build a computer. Heres a good link to learn if ya ever decide ya would like to give it a shot
http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/

Pi guy, thanks, but the general question was should i save for a new card, or go with the 256mb. and if i am going to get a new gfx card, what would be a good one for gaming? thanks!

No, get the video card I showed you.

The reason being is so they dont screw you and give you a motherboard with out Pci Ex. They will do that.. Happened to my dad. So if you get that video card, that ensures you get the right mobo.

You can easily upgrade later to a much better budget card. Say 7600GT. But dont upgrade from Dell. The reason being is they make their money on upgrades.

Hence, save your money and upgrade (if needed) after you receive your PC.

I'm looking for the best place to get a new notebook with good specs, but a low price (because I'm totally cheap) because I've grown more accustomed to using my notebook now than the desktop.

Alright, thanks arriz, theres a few things im going to swap around with on it, but otherwise thanks a bunch (probably just vista upgrade), but thats pretty much it. Thanks a lot :)

EDIT-My total will become lower then the actual cost, as my father gets discounts with his job. Also, does windows come with a burning software, or would i have to buy another program

windows comes with a burning program, not very good for advanced things like burning games and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom