Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

alvino said:
Funny how Microsoft bashers still use their products. There are alternatives out there.

I have to agree. Though I still use windows once in a while, but I'm definitely not going to buy any microsoft software.

alvino said:
If you hate Microsoft so much, then YOU try creating an OS with millions of lines of code. Or you can always use Linux. :rolleyes:

Funny how Microsoft bashers still use their products. There are alternatives out there.

it's true! :) while I'm not a huge microsoft fan (at least not of vista anyways) I still use XP and will until it's discontinued because I think it's a great OS. As for vista, once the price goes down to a reasonable amount maybe I'll get it but I still want to get a mac (I need something dual core and want to run mac OS X so might as well get a mac!). I also still use microsoft because most games are made for windows. Linux was alright, but kind of hard for me to use so learning that is another day another game as I always say!

troy272 said:
Linux was alright, but kind of hard for me to use so learning that is another day another game as I always say!

it's hard in the beginning. But then when you start understanding a little about it using it become very easy. Like, if I want to install mozilla firefox, I don't open my internet browser and go to mozillas homepage and then download the installer and then install it. I just open the console, write 1 short command and press one letter and it will automatically download & install firefox.

I think it's pretty easy to use, though of course windows seems more familiar since I've been using it for years.

troy272 said:
it's true! :) while I'm not a huge microsoft fan (at least not of vista anyways) I still use XP and will until it's discontinued because I think it's a great OS. As for vista, once the price goes down to a reasonable amount maybe I'll get it but I still want to get a mac (I need something dual core and want to run mac OS X so might as well get a mac!). I also still use microsoft because most games are made for windows. Linux was alright, but kind of hard for me to use so learning that is another day another game as I always say!
I too shall stay with XP, I didn't know, is it defininitely going to be discontinued, if so, have they come up with a date?

alvino said:
If you hate Microsoft so much, then YOU try creating an OS with millions of lines of code. Or you can always use Linux. :rolleyes:

no way lol i have no idea how to program :D

Brookfield said:
I too shall stay with XP, I didn't know, is it defininitely going to be discontinued, if so, have they come up with a date?

I'm not sure. I've heard that 2009 will be the end of XP but I'm not sure if that's true or just a rumor. I think XP is awesome, despite the security risks it's a very good OS and it's got a lot more "freedom" as opposed to vista. I think XP lets you do alot more and it actually isn't that bad on system requirements (at least not compared to vista). Sure the interface is kinda ugly with the luna theme but at least that's fixable.

troy272 said:
I'm not sure. I've heard that 2009 will be the end of XP but I'm not sure if that's true or just a rumor. I think XP is awesome, despite the security risks it's a very good OS and it's got a lot more "freedom" as opposed to vista. I think XP lets you do alot more and it actually isn't that bad on system requirements (at least not compared to vista). Sure the interface is kinda ugly with the luna theme but at least that's fixable.
Luna theme, what's that?

It's the theme that you get when you have a fresh install of XP. It's that blue taskbar with the green start button.

alvino said:
It's the theme that you get when you have a fresh install of XP. It's that blue taskbar with the green start button.
I have that now, it came installed with my laptop, & I sold it that way, then when I had my present desktop built, again XP Home was pre-installed, that, I assume accounts for it, a fresh install, I have the disc in it's original packet, marked with it's ser no, "CDX" etc.

Out of curiosity, how much roughly would he have paid for that disc, two years ago?, bearing in mind that he has three shops, & is registered for VAT, in all, the computer, including a TFT monitor cost me £550, [about $1050]

Back
Top Bottom