What's everyones job?

I'm working at a secondary school only on an apprentaship though as an IT Technician :D

Im a junior systems engineer at microsoft building - was network admin at canon building... yea... fun times...

I'm a full time 2nd year Computer Science student. Haven't had much in the way of jobs, mind you...

I'm a little worried, though - I'm spending too much time on the computer and wonder how I'd cope working with them full time. My friend doing maths is looking at a job in GHCQ, I've got friends at other Universities hoping to do all this amazing stuff... and I'll probably end up at Apple or BT or something, in some dead-end IT job.

Meh.

EDIT: A few very interesting opportunities with computers have come up... I might be tempted after all.

Good luck you guys with everything :)

I'm working at Costco at the moment, part time while running a uni course.
Only working weekends starting next week so will have more free time to myself, which is good. I couldn't handle it all.

UK31337 said:
Haven't had much in the way of jobs.
Hmmm, 19, & not keen on going out to work?, why not start at the bottom, like the other guy, at Mc Donald's, a humble beginning, but at least the £££'s will be coming in, or are you relying on social benefits?

Brookfield said:

Excuse me? Modern children are kept in school, not flung out at the age of 12 to a life of wearing shorts and stealing apples like in the "good old days" - there is no time for a job for someone younger than me.

hmm, left school at 17 to start an apprentiship with Marconi as a radar/electronic technician. i moved a few hundred miles, paid for a flat and the week before i was to start they went belly up!!!! so i was stuck with no money nor job. spend the next few years in hotels/anything just to earn money. at 23 i met a french girl and then we moved to gai paris. i spoke no french so got a job in a english speaking bar for 4 years.
got very lucky when a best mate managed to get me into the software localisation dept for Business Objects- that was it, back into the 'real world' as far as i was concerned, the company was growing so fast then i seemed to be promoted every 6 months. did that for 4 years, then went self employed in the UK and France as pc tech/system admin.

today i am sitting on my fat bum preparing for a big IT sales interview in Amsterdam.

i get the feeling that i can never sit still!

Back
Top Bottom