Need a New Monitor.....Widescreen or Not

FryJet

Solid State Member
Hey all, my first post here, great forum. Im going to upgrade to a 20" LCD and I dont know if I should go widescreen or not. I currently have a 19" Viewsonic CRT and it has been a great trouble free monitor but its a big pig on my desk so I need to upgrade. I mostly use my computer for internet, photo and music files and light gaming. I dont know anyone with a widescreen that I can check out and actually use so I dont know if it would be of any benifit to go wide or just stay standard. I've been checking them out at retailers but I cant sit down and actualy use it there as I would at home. I guess what im getting at is what advantge if any would I see with a w/s? I just dont want my desktop to be all stretched out and goofy looking, if that sounds right...lol. My card with the current Catalyst driver supports 1680x1050 which is what most of the 20"' widescreens seem to take so I guess im good there. Im looking at the LG, Viewsonic and the Samsung, any opinions would be appritiated. Thanks and keep up the great info on the site.
Chris

I have a widescreen laptop and it doesn't stretch anything to weird proportions. The benefits of widescreen is just that: a wider viewing area. I have have two windows side by side and still able to read all the info. which is pretty nice. In fact, if I ever need a new monitor in the future, it would be widescreen. Plus, I like watching movies on widescreen.

Thanks. I just realized I put this thread in the wrong section so i'll move it to the general section. My first thread and I allready messed up, lol. Sorry.
Chris

With widescreen, you can see more, like in CS, you can see more around you compared to nonwidescreen monitors. And its nice to watch movies in widescreen.

WIDESCREEN all the way

#1: u can see more in games, and bigger desktop with better viewing angle

#2: ALL video is going to become HD (which IS widescreen) by 2009. (its good to keep up with technology)

Back
Top Bottom