Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Another point to be made, What of the people that have genuine copies of windows that get mistaken for a fraudulent copy, and end up getting "crippled?" It has happened on windows to my pcs in the past where it wont let me download from microsoft anymore and i have to find other means (ie oldversion.com)

Paradox said:
Another point to be made, What of the people that have genuine copies of windows that get mistaken for a fraudulent copy, and end up getting "crippled?" It has happened on windows to my pcs in the past where it wont let me download from microsoft anymore and i have to find other means (ie oldversion.com)

I bet microsoft doesn't really care. They already got the money.

mammikoura said:
that happened to my uncle although he had an oem label and everything he had to pay for a whole new copy of xp

mammikoura said:
Did you realise that your sig could be regarded as insensitive by some? read it through slowly & in depth a couple of times, I'm not targetting you. I'd say the same if I had noticed it on another member's, if it's a joke, then I think probably it's a pretty poor one, don't forget we now have more female members than ever before.

Brookfield said:
Did you realise that your sig could be regarded as insensitive by some? read it through slowly & in depth a couple of times, I'm not targetting you. I'd say the same if I had noticed it on another member's, if it's a joke, then I think probably it's a pretty poor one, don't forget we now have more female members than ever before.

yes it's a joke, though it might have some truth in it. If you don't like it, it's not my problem. I'm not going to take it away, you may do so if you think that it's offensive, but I think everyone understands that I'm not trying to offend anyone with it.

mammikoura said:
yes it's a joke, though it might have some truth in it. If you don't like it, it's not my problem. I'm not going to take it away, you may do so if you think that it's offensive, but I think everyone understands that I'm not trying to offend anyone with it.
Don't be so aggressive, if I don't like it, it's not your problem?, wrong...... now, I was polite to you, you want to watch that attitude, anyway, I'm leaving it, but if someone complains, it goes

Paradox said:

A friend of mine had this problem, where he had brought it legitimately, but the shop was selling pirated copies, he contacted microsoft, they asked him for a copy of the receipt and they sent him a legitimate copy.

I personally have problem with copy protection, but to the point where we are hearing about drm protection crippling pc's that worries me, its a bit more complicated I suppose when it comes to operating systems, but then if you want to use windows as your OS then you should really expect to pay for it. Its like anything you buy it on release and its going to be more expensive, give it a bit of time then it will decrease in cost.

The problem is that microsoft virtually has a monoply on operating systems, yes I know there is linux, and its becoming more and more compatible and stable and user friendly, but microsoft still provide a stable user friendly operating system. Get a competitor then prices will need to fall.....

Trivium Nate said:
I hate! Microsoft with the passion! I seriously don't freking feel like spending 200+$ Just for xp id love to format my hardrive but no i have to pay 200$ for it

If you hate Microsoft so much, then YOU try creating an OS with millions of lines of code. Or you can always use Linux. :rolleyes:

Funny how Microsoft bashers still use their products. There are alternatives out there.

Back
Top Bottom