PC brands

Thanks for your generosity, but i definantly dont feel safe making my own at this time, and i would feel more comfortable if it was built through a company....i mean no offense at you at all, so dont take it offensively. Ibuypower is good, but i cant seem to make one under 1000 dollars. Mind helping me out a bit? Mainly just for media and gaming..

Edit-sorry, i probably need some more specifics...Preferably AMD, a black case and a dvd/cd drive and a 2 speaker set if possible

Hmm... Id part the computer together for you for free too. Oh well, thats an asinine idea.

Could work if you lived closer though.

Hmmm... Im going to have to suggest a Dell in this situation. But dude, stick around and ask all the questions you want then you can build your own computer ;) Feels good to be able to say you built it yourself.

Let me check up on some Delll stuff for you.

My Components
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+
Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, English
No Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Selected
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
16x DVD+/-RW Drive
19 inch E197FP Analog Flat Panel
128MB ATI Radeon X1300
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Choose that. It comes to $919. Start at this link..
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DDCWCA3&s=dhs

If you need a computer and want to go with Dell, talk to me. I am salesperson for them and can get you a good deal.

Chainer said:
If you need a computer and want to go with Dell, talk to me. I am salesperson for them and can get you a good deal.
maybe i'll talk to you when I want to buy my work station. :p

since you use dells (obviously) how are they in the sound department? as in, is it a noisy system or quiet? down the road I want a PC that is dead silent, yet not water cooled... since it wont be for gaming... I use my head phones when I play games on my gaming PC.. so it's no big deal if it makes a lot of sound.

Damn dude, im using a Dell. Betcha wouldn't have ever guessed that huh? I got this big ass Dimention 9100.

The loudest part on it is the harddrive. I can vouch that this is the quitest computer I have ever used. And I havent shut the sucker off in a few weeks.

Used and absused. Definitely put though its paces and still standing. Though the sound crapped on me.

Edit-
I mean it like I cant use the 5.1 anymore. 2.1 still works just fine.

The most reputable PCs you can buy retail are:

Compaq/HP
Dell

Then there's Sony, Toshiba, eMachines (aren't they with Gateway now?). These are major manufacturers.

^^I've been using HP workstations for a while now. They've really gained my trust in terms of reliability. I've just recently bought a Pavilion D4100y from their consumer site. Works like a charm, and is great at multimedia applications. Check them out. Here's an updated version of my system.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...ltimedia+and+gaming&series_name=d4650y_series

It's a tad bit on the large side though.
0,1425,sz=1&i=141849,00.jpg

^Gateway owns eMachines at the moment. I don't suggest using either one of them.

I wouldn't recommend emachines either.
My husband has had two, the first one blew up (literally) after 8 months, and the second one repeatedly crashed. Luckily the shop had them back.
I've only used Dell, the current one for two years, and had no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom