borowing neighbors wi-fi signal

darkserpant

In Runtime
I have been great friends with my neighbors, having him be my brother in law doesen't hurt. He has a wireless router and I have a lap top. But the distance between us is to great to get a signal. Now without him putting a signal booster on his router can I install something in my home or even my roof to amplify the signal for me to get internet? Thanks

actually u could u yourself could get a wireless router and rout yourself through his router to ur laptop but i dont think it would help it that much but a router has a better signal reciver then just a laptop alone

are you paying him anything? and does he know you can get the signal

they have a wall plug-in antenae signal that a friend of mine uses from his next-door neighbor's wifi as well. It helps, but isnt as good as your bro-in-law getting a uni-directional antenea that will go through walls and such up to 50-75 feet...like 50-60 US and it will help you a lot. He just screws it on and good to go. ;)

How about you pay for an internet connection yourself instead of mooching off of someone else?

Tommy Boy said:
How about you pay for an internet connection yourself instead of mooching off of someone else?

It is his brothers in law, why pay??

CompMan said:
It is his brothers in law, why pay??
exactly...stop getting up in arms because he gets free internet. He's essentially paying for it by having a crappy connection. Moreover, it is his family's decision and they choose to give him internet, not like he cracked their wap settings and stole it. Settle young'n, not all free things are stolen or ill-gotten.

i do not have wifi yet my bro brougt his laptop up from texas for the holiday and we sat in my livingroom and was connected at 12mps some one close has a fast unsecured network

Back
Top Bottom