Rattling

Liminator

In Runtime
I just recently started playing Battle for Middle Earth 2. Today when I shut it down my Hard Drive started making a lot more noise than usual. I know the noise it makes usually like when I play a game. But now theres another suttle rattling noise. Any ideas?

Have you isolated the noise to the hard drive? I would open up the case, then shut down the PC again but this time, pay close attention to what exactly is rattling.

That happens with my raptor drive, it makes alot of noise and shakes my whole case, i was thinking of RMAing it back to westerndigital but i dont feel like it, so im waiting for it to blow up lol.

If it is the hard drive, make sure you have the screws in snug and the whole hard drive isn't moving around when you try to move it. If you start noticing errors at random and the noise is coming from inside the drive itself---better make your backups and anticipate a new drive soon.

lol yea i anticipate one real soon, but yea check ur screws, i did but they are real tight, its coming from in the drive

You know that sound the hard drive makes when your booting up or opening up a new window? Its realy quiet but you can hear it. I only get the rattling when that sound is coming from the hard drive.

I dunno if this is logical or not... but when you here that noise from your hard drive your processor has to be doing some work too, therfore your processor would heat up, also in turn making your CPU fan spin faster... i know my old CPU fan in my last comp was noisy as hell under load

Might be worth running the diagnostic tools from WD on ya HDD to see if its gonna fail, and if it is gonna fail then ya need to backup your stuff

Back
Top Bottom