Help!!

relentless, if you are going to buy a board, you will have to be lucky to get a good Socket A board. Your board right now is already very good. The next step up is going to be an ABIT NF7 which are impossibly hard to find. So i would advise you to pick up a nice Core 2 Duo system, something along the lines of E6400 and Gigabyte DS3/S3. And get some cheap RAM. If you dont have enough money, i would highly advise you to save up right now until you can get a new computer.

alright well since i have an AMD board, whats a good AMD processor that will make my system faster? I already have 1.5 gig's of RAM i know another 512 wouldn't hurt so thats another option.

Hmmmm, I don't think you can get any significant boost in what you have now. There are no other CPU upgrades you can consider unless you replace that motherboard. I would just consider upgrading the whole thing when you have the chance.

Alright, Im thinking about that....

What would be a big boost as overclocking? Not sure how to do it...
I do have sufficent cooling to do it.

You can increase the VCore a lot higher, increase the clock multiplier to the max, and increase the FSB all together. You may get to 2.4GHz without sacrificing stability, hopefully :p

get a board that will handle 400FSB and you are set for 3.2Ghz ;) and make sure your RAM can handle those speeds too (DDR2-800).

Back
Top Bottom