18yo girl hits toll booth at 100MPH in a Porche 911 Carrera

root said:
I have to admit...
yes, I am completly hipocritical, I said that that picture should be showed to people to stop them speeding... but that's not to say that I havn't sped before, or won't again...
I used to speed sometimes.. but as far as I know, it's been nearly a year now since i've broke the speed limit... mostly due to incidents like these... to be perfectly honest: they scare the shit out of me.

MikeReiner said:
I used to speed sometimes.. but as far as I know, it's been nearly a year now since i've broke the speed limit... mostly due to incidents like these... to be perfectly honest: they scare the shit out of me.
Wow, that sure looks bad. No way should they have been doing 100 anyway

mammikoura said:
Now I only need a little more money and a damn long straight road (closed from other traffic of course) and I'll tell you how fast it goes. :D But to be honest, I don't know if I'd have the balls to drive that fast.

+1

I think if the road was about 50 yards wide and at least 5 miles long (as it would take at least a mile to get to speed) with THICK ASS padding lining the entire legnth and I had some super jumbo parachutes hooked up in the back, full roll cage and those really hi-tech seats and harnesses, I would do it!

Kage said:
The brain takes a few milliseconds to feel anything, and I'm sure it would have happened faster than that. Anyway... just none of you lot speed!

Actually the Brain is the only organ in the body that is totally numb, it has no pain sensors.

I think he meant the brain takes that long to process pain in general.

Yeah, I don't ever see myself going that fast. I'm pretty sure my brain would not keep up near 200mph. What use is that, anyway? There's no Autobahn in the US. I prefer a car I can toss around effortlessly at highway speeds. That's a lot more fun to me.

D-Lew said:
I think he meant the brain takes that long to process pain in general.

Yeah, I don't ever see myself going that fast. I'm pretty sure my brain would not keep up near 200mph. What use is that, anyway? There's no Autobahn in the US. I prefer a car I can toss around effortlessly at highway speeds. That's a lot more fun to me.

Yeah a 200+ MPH car is a bit much. No one even on the Autobahn would be able to go that fast. They have shitty drivers just as here who slow EVERYTHING down to a crawl.

I could deal with a car that does 100MPH top speed. I couldn't get my 89 4-banger Mustang past 90 (gearing, needed more room, less hills and less turning) and that thing was great. I could fly (as fast as a 90 HP, 3500LB car could fly) up to speed and worm thru traffic with little difficulty. That too is dangerous, but the only problem I ever accounted in that thing was when some douche was in the left lane, had his cell up to his right ear and decided to come into MY lane while I was right next to him. I beeped, he looked over and started yelling at me and flipping me off!!

Trivium Nate said:
This reminds me of the time i was in my friends car and he was driving at 110mph it was fun!

130 in a 2000 cavilier is fun,

120 in a 1966 mustang is funner,

140 in a 1987 Merkur XR4Ti (heavily modded) is funnest!

Note: All instances were *computer generated* and I do not endorse or condone said actions. I shall not be held responsible for anyone who attempts these claims and further for injury or death resulting from said actions.

Steff said:
jesus christ them pictures.. :eek:
I have a very weak stomach yet still looked in (when they tell me not to do something, curiosity gets the best of me) and I looked in. That makes me never want to speed, not wear a seatbelt or do anything dangerous in a vehicle. It's sad but true, if more people saw those pictures then there would be a lot less speeding going around. Here in Arizona I see a whole lot of speeders, the average speed on the highway I'd say is about 80-100 and the speedlimit is 65. I also see a lot of accidents, especially rear enders because people are stupid and follow too closely and when the person in front hits their brakes then the person behind is screwed. I see at least 1 of those a day. Those pictures truely were the goriest thing I've ever seen and no way am I ever going to speed.

Back
Top Bottom