2x512mb

i was wondering if i can buy 1gig (2x512mb) of a different company same specs
PC-3200 400mhz and would it still work

so i would have 2 gigs of ram

can i buy 512mb PC3200 400mhz ram
and still be able to make it work?
to have a total of 1.5gigs

this is new to me (ima noob) :p

Yeah, it'll all work as long as it is the same number of pins, but for stability reasons, it isn't recommended to mix brands of RAM.

i have tons of ram(low sizes like from 32-128) all different brands but work fine toghter but dosent give u the same boost as the same brand would

Well alot of manufacturers recommend having matched pairs, so im guessing thats for stability

Raffaz said:
Well alot of manufacturers recommend having matched pairs, so im guessing thats for stability

or because you would be looking for compatibility from the manufacturer that your ram is, so when they say that it's recommended to buy the same brand, you buy their ram.

From my own experience I can say that I've never had a problem using 2 different brands of ram.

Well i cant comment on that coz i have never used 2 different types of RAM, dont think i ever will either, ive got 3 machines running at home and i never have any problems with them. Now ive worked on other peoples pcs with unmatched RAM and get nothing but problems (although i cant say its the RAM here coz i havent the time or equipment to check)

Back
Top Bottom