18yo girl hits toll booth at 100MPH in a Porche 911 Carrera

Ð88 said:
Interesting....but a source would be nice :)

Well can't give you a source, but when you are driving your reaction time when braking is about 1 second. You would expect it to be faster, but it isn't. So you are going to start braking about 1 second after you notice the deer. Now when you start to brake you are already a few meters further when going 60mph instead of 50mph.

And it was something like when the speed is 2x more, the braking distance is 4x more. Or something like that, but it's common sense. If our car stops in 3m when going 20km/h, it's not going to stop in 30m when going 200km/h.

Most likely she was racing the Honda. I cant lie, im guilty of speeding. Theres just something about it that gives people such a big adrenaline rush. I raced a Civic in my 1967 Cougar.......went by it at 135mph. Sure its stupid, everyone knows that just some dont care. I dont race anymore, oddly enough im not doing it to save my life. Lol i just dont wanna see my car totaled :p Not that many left out there.

mammikoura said:
Well can't give you a source, but when you are driving your reaction time when braking is about 1 second. You would expect it to be faster, but it isn't. So you are going to start braking about 1 second after you notice the deer. Now when you start to brake you are already a few meters further when going 60mph instead of 50mph.

And it was something like when the speed is 2x more, the braking distance is 4x more. Or something like that, but it's common sense. If our car stops in 3m when going 20km/h, it's not going to stop in 30m when going 200km/h.

I think i understand it now because the factors in this are time and velocity. Of course as velocity increases it is going to increase the time needed to slow down and of course if the distance available remains the same then one car is going to be going a lot faster at the end of that distance if the initial velocity was even 10mph faster. I do get it, and I think if I figured it out on paper with some simple physics i will come up with the same answer.

cabbspapp said:
I'm pretty sure there isn't a Ferrari to go that fast right now, because 400 km/h=248 mph. As far as I know, the fastest production car is the Bugatti Veyron, which can hit 253 mph.

Ferrari F60 205MPH

McLaren F1 240MPH

Saleen S7 220MPH (can drive upside down at 160MPH)

Enzo 218MPH (only estimated in the page I found)

Koenigsegg CC 8S 245MPH

Veyron (est'd) 250MPH (also rumored to have upside down driving ability)

I wanna develop a tunnel where I could actually test these theroies!

I have to admit...
yes, I am completly hipocritical, I said that that picture should be showed to people to stop them speeding... but that's not to say that I havn't sped before, or won't again...

someone said something about a wide open road, the road she was on was a long straight fairly free dual carridgeway... that is a fairly open road... it does go to show that you can never tbe too careful, she might have felt perfectly confident to be driving that fast, just as you feel perfectly confident to drive that fast.

Clutch said:
Ferrari F60 205MPH

McLaren F1 240MPH

Saleen S7 220MPH (can drive upside down at 160MPH)

Enzo 218MPH (only estimated in the page I found)

Koenigsegg CC 8S 245MPH

Veyron (est'd) 250MPH (also rumored to have upside down driving ability)

I wanna develop a tunnel where I could actually test these theroies!

Damn I love the Saleen S7. But I think that 220mph is just an estimate? If I can remember correctly in their homepage they only say something like over 200mph.

mammikoura said:
Damn I love the Saleen S7. But I think that 220mph is just an estimate? If I can remember correctly in their homepage they only say something like over 200mph.

Here's where I got my numbers. http://www.modernracer.com/features/worldsfastestcars.html

The F60 was a google search under "fastest Ferrari".

I must also agree with Root. I am a little hypocritical as well. I said the same as he did and I went out today and did about 80. It was a long stretch of wide open road and I had more than enough room to slow back down to speed. I wasn't racing anyone and there was no traffic around me (I was actually wondering where everyone was cause they weren't at the mall either!!).

Clutch said:
Here's where I got my numbers. http://www.modernracer.com/features/worldsfastestcars.html

The F60 was a google search under "fastest Ferrari".

lol, actually I did the exactly same google search when lhuser said something about a ferrari going 400km/h.

On that site it says:
said:
Sadly, the S7 has never undergone high speed tests, but even in theory, the car is expected to top out at 220 mph
Now I only need a little more money and a damn long straight road (closed from other traffic of course) and I'll tell you how fast it goes. :D But to be honest, I don't know if I'd have the balls to drive that fast.

Back
Top Bottom