What's everyones job?

joxley1990 said:
Assistant Manager at Pizza hut..
You're 16 and an assistant manager!!?? Did you drop out of school to work for a baby you made thru unprotected sex??!! (JK!!)

boardordi3 said:
i live too far away from anywhere to work, and i cant drive yet

I guess you have a good excuse, even though I didn't have a car till after I was 18.

Clutch said:
WOW!!!

I haven't seen one of those in about 8 years!!

What's with all the kids here not having jobs? I had a job since the day I turned 15. I worked 30 hours a week until I became a senior, than I worked 40+ and still had no trouble with school/school work. The only time I had a bad grade was one year I didn't DO 4 assignments. The first one was worth 3 quiz grades, the last three were worth 5 quiz grades. Simple book reviews that, like always, I could have BS'ed my way thru. I had a 96 before they were factored in. :(

I slept thru a Life Insurance Prelicensing class and managed to finish the test first, with the second highest grade in the class. Passed the state exam first try. Failed the fingerprinting portion. Damn machines never work right! :mad:

Advanced Placement mixed with a ton of Honors classes really doesn't help me in the amount of time I can spend outside of school. I'm part of the school yearbook too so I have to stay after at school until about 4 o' clock everyday, and I spend most of my Saturday working community service so I can't find the time to get a job. Don't have a license or car yet either so it'd be a hassle for my parents to drive me places when they both work. Of course, someone could argue that if I just stop spending time on cf I might be able to spend a bit more time on school work or even get a job, but.. i'd rather not :D

I was like you Clutch and started work at a young age. My parents stopped giving me money to buy the things I want a long time ago so I had to make it on my own. So I've been working since I was 14 years old apart from now because of my schooling. I don't regret it because work experience is pretty crucial to get the better jobs in the future.

Ð88 said:
I was like you Clutch and started work at a young age. My parents stopped giving me money to buy the things I want a long time ago so I had to make it on my own. So I've been working since I was 14 years old apart from now because of my schooling. I don't regret it because work experience is pretty crucial to get the better jobs in the future.

Exactly. Everything I have, save for a few dress shirts/pants/ties I got as gifts, I earned myself. Even all of my %#@*ty cars. That's why I respected them more than the kids who's parents gave them a new jag or benz or beemer.

Believe me, I'm glad to hear you guys that don't have jobs are doing things with school. That is very respectable.

Raffaz said:
Where u from mate?

europe

Clutch said:
Exactly. Everything I have, save for a few dress shirts/pants/ties I got as gifts, I earned myself. Even all of my %#@*ty cars. That's why I respected them more than the kids who's parents gave them a new jag or benz or beemer.

yeah, I'm going to buy my car with my own money. My mom already pays for my driving school stuff. I don't have a lot of money, but I prefer to buy a cheap car that gets me from A to B with my own money rather than asking my mom for 20k to get a nice car. Even if she did have that kind of money, I wouldn't ask her to buy a car for me.

Clutch said:
You're 16 and an assistant manager!!?? Did you drop out of school to work for a baby you made thru unprotected sex??!! (JK!!)

Dont be daft.. just built my way up :D;

mammikoura said:
I don't live in the USA :p
And yes, plumbers do study, but over here it's usually 3 years of school after primary school. So they don't study for long, and the stuff they study is quite much easier than advanced maths and other useless things they teach us.

Why is it easier?

Isn't it down to personal aptitude?

I know for example that I wouldn't be able to plumb a washing machine, and thats considered relatively simple, but surely its more down to relative skills and what you are good at?

Some people find advanced maths easy, some don't.....

GlasseyeUK said:
Why is it easier?

Isn't it down to personal aptitude?

I know for example that I wouldn't be able to plumb a washing machine, and thats considered relatively simple, but surely its more down to relative skills and what you are good at?

Some people find advanced maths easy, some don't.....

Well IMO it's quite much easier. If I'd have instructions, I might be able to plumb a washing machine.
If I'd give a plumber my maths homework and the formula that he needs to calculate it, most likely he wouldn't know what to do. :)

Back
Top Bottom