Do you know what you're eating?

Brookfield

Golden Master
I'm not referring to ready meals that don't come up to expectations such as gristly meat, not enough meat etc, heres a couple of examples of what I mean, one large chain of stores over here states on the boxes of their steak pies, "made from Aberdeen Angus steak", on another "made from Welsh hill lambs" but how do we know, yes, in Britain, Aberdeen Angus are particularly good cattle, & yield great quality steak, Welsh lamb is the same, the Welsh climate with it's fair amout of rain, gives good grazing, producing very tender meat, but my point is, how do we know these meats are what is used, yes, the quality is pretty good in both examples, but selling both as decribed, doesn't prove that that is what's been used, it's like passing off good quality sparkling grape wine as champagne, a lot of hotels do it, I know for a fact, they decant it into champagne bottles, & present it in an ice bucket at the tables, one place has been doing it for twenty years, & nobody has ever complained, so has any member experienced something similar from their local convenience store, or at least been suspicious that it wasn't as it said on the box?

Another mystery in regards to truly knowing what we're eating are those so called processed meats such as hot dogs, Spam, and bologna. I hear all kinds of stories about what they actually consist of. I still like it because they taste good :p

I bet there are some government dudes watching what companies are putting in the box and what they are writing on the box. I trust what it says on the package.

Usually, if I want a steak, I will let it unfreese a bit on the counter then, in the fridge. One raw, I usually cook it, if it's pepper steak or marinate it. I think it's what I shall do on Tuesday.

Those meals, when you microwave them...I dunno, but they just taste...rather boxy and watery...you know what I mean.

Oh and one more thing: Screw Mcdonalds and their microwaved Hamburgers!

lhuser said:
Those meals, when you microwave them...I dunno, but they just taste...rather boxy and watery...you know what I mean.
yeah they taste like soggy and stuff. The crusty stuff on chicken strips is all soft and stuff :(

As far as I know, a lot of the stuff made in Canada can be trusted because our laws are quite strict when it comes to food. But really, to be honest I have to say that there is always an underlying feeling that what you are eating still might not be what you think. Those quick meals you microwave and especially cheaps ones do make me nervous but when i'm hungry and it is all I've got then hey, why not? Munch away and just don't think about it lol!

Back
Top Bottom