Screwy Graphics

addle_brains

Baseband Member
I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue, but it's my first guess.

I'd recently been playing a few games on my PC (Call of Cthulhu and Pirates!) and they were running fine. Then, all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, the graphics in both games got really choppy, lowered fps and such. It's gotten to the point where neither game is really playable and it's quite annoying. I ran the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests with DirectX and they were fine.

Specs:

HD: 40GB + 10GB
768MB RAM
Creative Soundblaster Audigy
Nvidia 6600 GT
Intel Celeron 2.8GHz

run some bench marking program like 3dmarkk05 and see if the gpus are still performing at they're best. otherwise i'd try reinstalling / updating video drivers. also, yeah, what joxley said, did you increase the res or put on anti aliasing?

I didn't change the settings. I have updated the drivers but nothing's changed. They were running fine when all of a sudden: shit.

there could be alot of problems.. but i'd still check 3dmark, your psu might also be struggling now to keep up with the demand of sending power to the card. check what wattage psu it is.

Check background services to see what Process is running when you're playing those games. Task Manager is your friend in this case.

CompMan said:
That Celeron could be slowing you down...
it was working fine beforehand so i doubt the celeron is what is bottlenecking his performance.

Back
Top Bottom