DO NOT buy vista guys

lhuser said:
Last time I've heard, they were to be the X1900XTX cards,

I believe that the mac pro uses those, but I could be wrong. The mac I want (the mac mini) uses a 32MB ATI Radeon (forget which one), I think it's a mobility radeon but I forget what it is. yeah it's not very much, but I'm also not planning on games too much either.

troy272 said:
I'm with you there John, no vista for me. Heck, I spent all day installing kubuntu and it didn't work, just gave me the command prompt but when I tried it on another computer it worked fine. Not worth the hassle for me, I'm going mac as soon as I get the money :D sure I won't be able to run as many games, but I can always dual boot with XP and mac OS is very stable and the interface is incredible!
the problem with kubuntu was probably because your first computer couldn't run x desktop...

MACS RULE! The reason it is so stable, is because the software is written for the hardware...

Well, my Pentium II 350 could run the Live CD, so the only trouble would be the GPU.

Macintosh OSes were running okay on my system, exept the mouse that needed a bit of time before it started to move. No LAN and apparantly outdated stuff.

borat_sagdiyev said:
It sucks. It is not compatible with alot of xp programs and just crashes the programs, even when it is running the prog in xp compatibility mode. i dono how many times it has pissed me off today with not running xp programs :mad:

im not gunna buy it until they can prove to me it will run most xp programs. like come on, it doesnt even run nero properly.......

Again, you've tested a BETA....it's not a final version....a TEST version. REPEAT....A TEST VERSION. It's going to have bugs and not run properly for most things, that's the whole point.

It will be backwards compatible with XP.....be patient for the final release and quit basing opinions on a BETA version.

recon 16 said:
MACS RULE! The reason it is so stable, is because the software is written for the hardware...

never knew that, the more I learn about macs the better they seem. I was talking to one of my teachers at school who said that they never had computer problems until they switched away from macs to windows based PC's. I also have heard great things about apple tech. support. Apple also seems to care about the consumer more than microsoft does, microsoft seems to be in it for the money while apple seems to have more of an ear for what their customers want.

I will be honest, whilst a great OS, you have to realize that the user base and software out for MAC OSX isn't even remotely close to what Microsoft has to support. Therefore signifying the exact reason why OSX doesn't have the viral problems Windows does.

TRDCorolla said:
Vista will come out towards the end of January. More like January 30th 2007. I'll bet their final version will run much better than the Release Candidates. If not, there will be the usual Windows Updates and Service Packs released by Microsoft.

Does anyone even have the real copy of Vista? I know it's only available for businesses right now. I'm not talking about all the crap beta and RC either :rolleyes:
yes i am running the full version. the RTM.

Chainer said:
I will be honest, whilst a great OS, you have to realize that the user base and software out for MAC OSX isn't even remotely close to what Microsoft has to support. Therefore signifying the exact reason why OSX doesn't have the viral problems Windows does.

true, but doesn't apple change their OS architecture every few years instead of doing what microsoft does by using the same thing for awhile such as using DOS for 95/98/ME and NT for 2000 and XP? I could be wrong but I believe I read that somewhere....

troy272 said:
true, but doesn't apple change their OS architecture every few years instead of doing what microsoft does by using the same thing for awhile such as using DOS for 95/98/ME and NT for 2000 and XP? I could be wrong but I believe I read that somewhere....

They could, not sure. I am not an Apple fan. I think a lot of their products, including the iPod are majorly over-hyped.

Back
Top Bottom