DO NOT buy vista guys

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
It sucks. It is not compatible with alot of xp programs and just crashes the programs, even when it is running the prog in xp compatibility mode. i dono how many times it has pissed me off today with not running xp programs :mad:

im not gunna buy it until they can prove to me it will run most xp programs. like come on, it doesnt even run nero properly.......

erm.. how do you know this exactly?... it isn't commercially available until january isn't it?

I'm with you there John, no vista for me. Heck, I spent all day installing kubuntu and it didn't work, just gave me the command prompt but when I tried it on another computer it worked fine. Not worth the hassle for me, I'm going mac as soon as I get the money :D sure I won't be able to run as many games, but I can always dual boot with XP and mac OS is very stable and the interface is incredible!

i had the beta too but i think mine was an earlyer one, whenever id play music it would slowly slow down to a crawl then die and id have no music, couldnt install any softwarre or drivers... meh my dads going to buy it, i'll let him be the guinnie pig

troy272 said:
I'm with you there John, no vista for me. Heck, I spent all day installing kubuntu and it didn't work, just gave me the command prompt but when I tried it on another computer it worked fine. Not worth the hassle for me, I'm going mac as soon as I get the money :D sure I won't be able to run as many games, but I can always dual boot with XP and mac OS is very stable and the interface is incredible!

BTW, Kubuntu is a heap of utter total crap - just download regular Ubuntu and install KDE via Synaptic. Hell, even the Ubuntu community hate Kubuntu.

I'd dualboot a Mac too, trouble is I'm not convinced about how good the GPU is... it's all well and good being able to dualboot XP, but what's the point if my graphics card sucks too hard to run any games anyway?

I like Ubuntu as well, but the fact of actually having to manually install the lame MP3 package and stuff, that's annoying. But, the most annoying problem, is that it locked up randomly at unstable state. Keep in mind, I have Breesy Badger.

Vista will come out towards the end of January. More like January 30th 2007. I'll bet their final version will run much better than the Release Candidates. If not, there will be the usual Windows Updates and Service Packs released by Microsoft.

Does anyone even have the real copy of Vista? I know it's only available for businesses right now. I'm not talking about all the crap beta and RC either :rolleyes:

kchi55 said:
haha, some how all of these vista threads turn into ubuntu and kubuntu threads :D

yeah sorry about that...

anyways, i've tried regular ubuntu as well and it didn't even load the live CD and I downloaded it twice and burned it to two different discs, guess my PC just hates linux! oh well, I'm still craving a mac! sure the GPUs aren't that great, but I'm not a heavy gamer and by the time I get one leopard will probably be out so the GPU's should be a bit better by then.

Back
Top Bottom