Need help with shorted MB/Vid Card

antlong

Beta member
Hey guys,
i have a sont vaio pcvrs-430g. Its about 3 years old now and for the past few days it wont work. I think it all started when i unplugged the usb mouse i have and i heard a long serious of continuous beeps. After that when i rebooted there was no video on the monitor, the cd drives clicked and flashed on and off several times before i shut it off. Now, i took the MB off, cleaned thoroughly and the comp turns on and the light and cd drive issues arent there anymore. The comp turns on, the cd drives work normally, but there is still no video. I have an geforce 6600, being used on an agp 8x slot. What are the possible problems.. Any solutions? Thanks!

you said that this all happened after you took out your mouse from a usb 2.0 slot?.. that is definitely not supposed to happen, ever, well i suppose it depends on the method in which you decided to use in taking the usb out.if there's integrated video on your mobo try that, if not, i'd guess that your video card coincidentally broke. go over a friends house and test out your hardware, and isolate the problem is what i'd do.

tried to test it on someone elses machine i think the vid cards work, could it be just the slot? i think that somehow i made a short in the board with all of the usb jerking and such, maybe something to that effect happened. anyway, can just a agp port be repaired or should i hunt for a new mb?

Borrow a friends graphics card and test it in your AGP, and see what happens. If it is the AGP thats damaged, then ya probably gonna need to get a new board

Back
Top Bottom