18yo girl hits toll booth at 100MPH in a Porche 911 Carrera

mammikoura said:
IMO it doesn't matter what car you have, when your really pissed off you shouldn't drive.
yeah i agree even hitting something at half that speed can be fatal even more so if you hit a pedestrian at even 30-40 mph can prove fatal i would say just dont drive when your pissed off

muz379 said:
yeah i agree even hitting something at half that speed can be fatal even more so if you hit a pedestrian at even 30-40 mph can prove fatal i would say just dont drive when your pissed off

yeah, I've seen a video where they tested what happens when you collide with a tree. At 40km/h the driver would have survived with just some bruises, 60km/h he would most likely be injured, his neck twisted pretty badly when it hit the air bag, but I don't think he would have died. And at 80km/h his head flew off and the body was totally smashed when the tree actually came all the way to the drivers seat. Test dummy used of course in there tests.

It really doesn't matter what car you drive. If I wanted to , I could probably get my Neon to do 120 if I had room, 130 hp isn't alot, but anybody can kill themselves in any car just as easily as the Porsche that girl was driving. She should have just went to her room or something.

I am sorry but I have found a lot of the posts in this threads quite hypocritical, where you have all talked and have actually partaken in reckless driving, speeding, etc....

About how you like to drag etc, well this should be a lesson plain and simple, but I would imagine that most of you are also thinking I can control the car, therefore this lesson doesn't apply to me, and what not...

Learn from it plain and simple, doesn't matter the make of the car, if you are going above the speed limit then that's it your breaking the law, and if you crash, then it's your fault, yes the other driver may have pulled out in front of you, cut you up or whatever, over the speed limit, and its your fault...

Typical kids....think they're invincible.

I can just see her now speeding down the highway with her sunglasses on and the top down talking on her cell not paying attention to one thing that is happening on the road.

Can't feel sorry for her.....it's nobody's fault but her own.

G35x said:
Wow, you're just..Any car can go 100mph+, you act as if the porshe is why she crashed. People die going 100+ in a damn 350z or any 25k car. The car has nothing to do with her accident, she was going to fast, end of story, not omg why was she doing 100 in a 911. I dont see how going 100 in a 911 is any different from someone going 100 in an accord. People go 100 on a daily on the freeway...

RIP

I'm sorry if it came off as that being my point. My point was she was a young driver, inexperianced and doing something I have only done twice in 6 years of driving.

The first time, I was told by my than GF that her and a mutual friend needed a ride to NY to meet up with a friend of theirs. I found out on the way there they met him online and were going to use me to protect them. I turned around floored it all the way home. Second time I was late for class in the morning. Had to be 45 mins away in less than 10 or I would have to take the entire 40 hour course over a month later. I did a steady 100 (very very light traffic) and got pulled over for it. That cop taught me two lessons. Don't speed and get up in time. He made me wait another 15 minutes before letting me go.

Doesn't make it right in any way, shape or form. My point was, she did something stupid in a powerful car that is built to perform. Porsche motors are hand built by teams of two and if they don't perform to spec, the team than has to break down and rebuild the motor, only being paid for the first time they did the job. The suspension is set to hug the road. In my Buick, I'd blame it on the shitty suspension, but that car, it was the driver.

Who gives an 18 year old kid a 74 thousand dollar performance car anyway? And I pay more for my car insurance cause guys are more likely to do something stupid. I've seen just as many chicks driving like dumbasses as I have guys and let me tell you, I drive like a normal person.

this was on G35driver. (not confirmed) but apparently she had a fight with her parents and took daddy's car without permission and drove that car away in rage.

This was a quote I just took from the other forum. I started to read thru their posts. Another heard a rumor she may have been intoxicated. Yeah, poor kid, but I still have no pity for her. She did something dumb and no matter what she was driving the outcome would have been bad. I wanna know why the keys were accessable to her.

troy272 said:
after seeing those pics, no way in hell am I going to speed.
okay theres speeding, and then theres excessively speeding/reckless driving
speeding is going 60 on a 45 road, excessive speeding is going like 100 on a busy street, stick with the laws you'll be okay, but be reasonable, if its just wide open road, most people will go faster, but not 100 through a g*d damn tollbooth thats just stupid

Back
Top Bottom